TCM : The Shorts Circuit (Kubrick, Lynch, Scorsese, Truffaut, etc) airs 9/15

Started by tpfkabi, September 04, 2006, 09:54:07 PM

tpfkabi

i thought this might interest some of you:

http://www.tcm.com/thismonth/article/?cid=142632

In partnership with the house of Hermès, TCM presents Behind the Camera: The Shorts Circuit, a 24-hour salute to the art of short filmmaking, highlighted by the premieres of six shorts by acclaimed contemporary directors - Peter Gilbert, Griffin Dunne, E. Elias Merhige, Mario Van Peebles, Floria Sigismondi and Mary Sweeney - who were invited by Hermès to create works especially for the festival. Each film, in its own way, pays homage to classic filmmaking.

The festival also features the TCM premieres of shorts by David Lynch, Martin Scorsese, Stanley Kubrick, Ridley Scott, François Truffaut, Roman Polanski and others; as well as works by such classic filmmakers as Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, George Stevens, Jean Negulesco and Fred Zinnemann.

Hermès, founded in Paris in 1837 as a maker of harnesses and saddles, later became famous for its handbags, scarves, shoes and ties; today the luxury-goods group is comprised of 14 product categories. The shorts festival marks the launching of the Hermès On-Line Gallery at www.Hermes.com.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

tpfkabi

just a reminder.
the more modern directors start at 8 central with 2 Lynch, 3 Scorsese and 2 Kubrick.
then later R Scott, T Scott, Truffaut, Polanski, etc

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/index.jsp?startDate=9/15/2006&timezone=CST&cid=N
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Baldwin, Wilder set for Turner Classics pilot

Turner Classic Movies is producing a pilot for a series that pairs modern-day thespians with actors from previous generations who have inspired them.

"Idols," which is part of the cable channel's slate for 2007, will feature Alec Baldwin and Gene Wilder for the pilot.

TCM also has a fresh batch of specials in the works for next year including "Spielberg on Spielberg," a documentary slated for July featuring the acclaimed filmmaker discussing his movies and "Bienvenue au Cannes," a look at the noted film festival. Film historian Richard Schickel produced both documentaries.

Martin Scorsese will also direct "Val Lewton's American Horror," a documentary about the 1930s writer-producer whose credits included the 1942 film "Cat People." "Lewton" is slated for the fall, as is a documentary about Marlon Brando.

TCM will continue with film showcases including "TCM Underground"; "Private Screenings," which will return in March with an interview with Jane Fonda; and "The Essentials," which will add Carrie Fisher as co-host alongside Robert Osborne.

Also back in 2007 is "Guest Programmers," which has signed up Chevy Chase, Lorraine Bracco, Larry Miller, David Mamet and David Thomson as curators.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm