Chris Morris

Started by Garam, August 28, 2005, 10:40:17 AM

Garam

Noticed there ain't no Chris Morris thread here. Well, he's certainly a huge comic talent.

See:
- The Day Today
- Brass Eye
- Jam
- Nathan Barley

All of them well worth watching, especially the first two. Some of those shows might not translate so well for American Viewers, as they cover some British stuff that you guys might not know about (Nathan Barley especially) but i'm sure anyone with half a brain can at least appreciate them. Also, if you can check out his radio series;

- GLR
- On the Hour (Early radio version of The Day Today)
- Blue Jam (Early radio version of Jam)
- Why Bother? (One of the last things Peter Cook ever did)

Please, please, please try and check these out. You certainly won't regret it.

Oh, and Chris Morris is one of the directors signed by Warp Films as well as Chris Cunningham and Shane Meadows. He made a short film based on a sketch from his Blue Jam series with Paddy Considine and it's well worth watching. I can't wait for this guy to make a film.

Pubrick

i'm in australia so we might already be getting sum of those shows., but how is everyone else supposed to catch them? are they on dvd? is his radio series accessible online?
under the paving stones.

i just watched the first episode of Jam. i had no idea you could do those things on tv  :shock: . i've read that he's considered a 'media terrorist' which fits well with what i saw. my first impression is   chris cunningham+andy kaufmann .
context, context, context.

Pubrick

Quote from: cronopio on February 23, 2006, 08:11:32 PM
my first impression is   chris cunningham+andy kaufmann .
see garam, patience is all. crono just sold your thread to millions in one line.
under the paving stones.

yeah i saw the first three episodes. his is the only funny character, and the title sequence is cool. but it's crap.
supposedly father ted is very good , though. garam?
context, context, context.