My Name Is Earl

Started by jtm, June 14, 2005, 08:12:52 PM

jtm

i have a feeling this show will be pretty great. it stars Jason Lee as a guy who wins the lotto and uses it to right all the wrongs he's done in the past.

here's a small clip http://www.canwestmediasales.com/television/programming/shows/video/my_name_is_earl.html

i'm not sure when it premieres.  i bet Mac does tho.

GoneSavage

modage

saw the clip for this before The Twenty (Entertainment Ignited!), it looks like Jason Lee is doing his best Nic Cage from Raising Arizona, which means i will DEFINITELY be watching this!  :yabbse-thumbup:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

The Red Vine

I saw a preview for this before "40 Year Old Virgin" in the movie theater. Some of it looks like stupid slap-stick stuff, but I'll watch it for Jason Lee.
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

Ravi

The TV ad makes it look dumb.  It has the man-getting-run-over gag and the man-macing-himself gag.

Bethie

who likes movies anyway

GoneSavage

Quote from: RaviThe TV ad makes it look dumb,
Quote from: RedVinesbut I'll watch it for Jason Lee.
Agreed.

72teeth

Liked:
-The whole idea behind it..."I got a bit of good luck and it almost killed me..."
-the little freeze frame before each flashback (not sure why)
-Great cast...Lee, Leo Fitzpatrick, and a skinny(er) Ethan Suplee

Hated:
-Crappy knock-off version of Beck's "Loser"
-The ending

Won:
Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

polkablues

Quote from: 72teethHated:
-The ending

Agreed.  Although it was very much a "pilot episode" ending.  I highly doubt the show will get that outright cheesy on a weekly basis.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Gamblour.

Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised by this show. Hadn't heard much about it, decided to download it. I have to say, it was pretty funny at times. The brother is a great character and the premise is very simple and promising. The gay guy was a little over done, especially at the gay bar. The way Earl talked about him being gay was awesome.
WWPTAD?

JG

Did anyone else catch the Boogie Nights Homage?  When they find out the guy is day, it shows them bolting out of the house while "99 Luft Ballon" plays.  Might be a subtle reference.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

SHAFTR

damn it.

I told myself I was going to watch this show and I missed it.  It is the same for every television show, I guess I'll have to wait until DVD.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Ravi

Quote from: SHAFTRdamn it.

I told myself I was going to watch this show and I missed it.  It is the same for every television show, I guess I'll have to wait until DVD.

Its available on TorrentSpy.

modage

i didnt care for this.  like jason lee and his character here but its not very funny.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.