Batman Begins

Started by ©brad, February 19, 2003, 01:10:29 PM

Gloria

I would like to see a love interest with Talia, Ras Al Ghul's daughter. That relationship was complicated and deep, not despensible.  I also don't think Katie Holmes would fair well in a Batman film. She's too 'girl next door' for Gotham.

Banky

Kal

I really like Katie Holmes, but I dont know... she is still too much in Dawson's Creek for me to see her with Batman... and she is also too young...

I also agree with the fact that Batman has had a different love story in every fucking movie so far... it would be nice to see a more dark Batman that likes to call whores and stuff hehe... or maybe that doesnt fall inlove, just dates or something like that... You do have to put some girl in there and show some booty

Gamblour.

I don't think she can act. She might've improved since Go, but I dunno.
WWPTAD?

foray

I think Batman Returns is the best of all of them. They should've stopped right there. The script had lots of corny puns and lines, but it was done in a self-conscious, smart way. Michael Keaton was the best Batman; he wasn't overly handsome, he was kinda ugly in fact, but very charming and enigmatic. Catwoman and Christopher Walken were terrific as villains. Classic. I could watch this one a dozen times.

foray
touch me i'm sick

Gold Trumpet

Its sucks hearing Katie Holmes announced for this. She is passable without being good as any typical love interest, but she'll likely be playing the role of Talia (Ras Al Ghul's daughter) and considering not many exotic beauties of Arabian descent are really in Hollywood these days, a choice like Katie Holmes is made. Still, they could have gone for someone looking more exotic in physical beauty. Even someone like Monica Belluci would be better. Katie Holmes still has the presence of the local 17 year old getting by in looking like a woman by wearing that tranining bra.

NEON MERCURY

::rolls around on the floor puring gravy on himself::

tara reid...or toni colette....

MacGuffin

"Batman" Is Hard to Swallow

A denial to a flimsy rumour, another flimsy rumour and a left-field anecdote, all up the news on the Gotham front today ain't so smooth going down:

In regards to the Clint Eastwood as the Mayor rumours that sprang up the other day, IGN Filmforce quickly shot them down, citing an interview quote Eastwood gave two months ago saying "I'm too old to make comic books. I like adventure films. I like a good adventure film as much as the next guy. But, it's not for me".

The same article however quotes another site which hinted that former Dawson's Creek babe Katie Holmes is "in deep talks to play Bruce Wayne's girlfriend". With Ra's Al-Ghul as the villian, this could possibly mean that Holmes will be his deadly but stunning daughter Talia. That would also explain the report which hinted Ghul was "a business man who once clashed with Bruce Wayne's father".

Also, a brief report over at CGQ reveals that "Buffy" creator Joss Whedon once had a Bat script in development but his pitch didn't quite work with the Warners execs - "I came up with an idea that I really loved, which was an origin story. After I finished pitching it, they looked at me like I was a video fishbowl. I came out of there thinking, 'How many more lessons do I need that the machine doesn't care about the creative process?' When I got back to my office and found that Firefly was canceled, I thought, 'Okay,
maybe one more lesson'".
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Vile5

Quote from: MacGuffinI think Gloria's 'Lee Harvey Snowball' avatar is her best yet!
quite agree!!
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

Gloria

Quote from: Vile5
Quote from: MacGuffinI think Gloria's 'Lee Harvey Snowball' avatar is her best yet!
quite agree!!

Thank you both.  I try.  :)

Quote from: MacGuffinThe same article however quotes another site which hinted that former Dawson's Creek babe Katie Holmes is "in deep talks to play Bruce Wayne's girlfriend". With Ra's Al-Ghul as the villian, this could possibly mean that Holmes will be his deadly but stunning daughter Talia. That would also explain the report which hinted Ghul was "a business man who once clashed with Bruce Wayne's father".

As for Katie Holmes playing Talia, I would be very upset. First of all, she is too young, second of all, she is too soft-spoken.  Talia was an in-your-face, dark and skilled fighter.  I can't see Katie Holmes in that role.  I like Katie Holmes, but I think this could be a big mistake for fans of Batman.

I would rather see Monica Bellucci, Jennifer Connelly, or Catherine Zeta-Jones in the role.  What would be even better is if they sign a no-name actress to the part.

modage

Quote from: GloriaI would rather see Monica Bellucci in the role.

yes.  she has the exotic looking mysterious thing going that katie holmes just aint.  she's the girl next door type.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Banky

yeah thats a good call

MacGuffin

Katie Holmes Frontrunner for Batman!
Source: Variety

Warner Bros. is zeroing in on Katie Holmes (Dawson's Creek) for the female lead of its next Batman film.

Holmes has been offered the role, subject to a screen test with Christian Bale that will be conducted by director Christopher Nolan. While Nolan considered many young actresses to play Batman's love interest Rachel, Holmes is the only actress who will do a screen test. It is considered likely that a deal will follow shortly after.

Holmes would be the third cast. Nolan, who came aboard the film with his producing partner Emma Thomas, first set Christian Bale as the Caped Crusader, and recently began negotiating with Michael Caine to play his butler, Alfred.

The film, scripted by David Goyer, is gearing up for a 2004 start date and 2005 release.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: MacGuffinKatie Holmes Frontrunner for Batman!
Source: Variety

At least it says it isn't for the role we suspected she'd get.

Kal

man these people are slow... film the fucking thing already!