Dragged Across Concrete

Started by wilder, April 07, 2019, 03:04:53 AM

wilder

Police partners descend into the criminal underworld after they are suspended for assaulting a suspect on video.

Written and Directed by S. Craig Zahler (Brawl in Cell Block 99, Bone Tomahawk)
Starring Mel Gibson, Vince Vaughn, Torri Kittles, Jennifer Carpenter, Michael Jai White, Don Johnson, and Udo Kier
Release Date - March 22, 2019. Currently available to rent on Amazon. Blu-ray on April 30th.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stunned by this one. As noteworthy an entry in the evolution of crime film as 2006's Miami Vice, for me.

Alexandro

Yes, I was pretty impressed with this one. It was totally what I was not expecting in every sense except the kind of right wing ideology that permeates the whole thing, which I kinda saw coming because Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn. But that's pretty much under control and what's left is a truly felt neo noir, or whatever this is. Loved the whole sequence when the film detours for 10 minutes to build Jennifer Carpenter's character. Highly recommended.

Robyn

This has both Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn? And is made by the same guy who gave us Brawl and Bone? With Udo Kier?

God, I'm so confused. Do I want to watch this or not?

Alethia

WorldForgot

Quote from: Robyn on April 29, 2019, 11:48:03 AM
And is made by the same guy who gave us Brawl and Bone?

And writer of Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich! :p