Bootleg DVD's...

Started by billybrown, March 11, 2004, 10:57:02 PM

billybrown

Just a quick question for those of who you have knowingly or unknowingly purchased them or seen them... what is the quality like as compared to a proper issue DVD? Are they even worth buying if they can be had cheap? Thanks.

Kal

There are two options... one is if someone has a bootleg DVD of a movie that doesnt exist yet on DVD (like The Return of the King) and then when they actually copy the original DVD

I usually like to have original DVDs... and I think most of the people who love movies enough to want to have a collection knows what Im talking about... there are some people that dont give a shit and prefer to buy the movie and have it for only a few bucks...

In the case of movies that are still in theatres, a friend of mine always gets amazing copies and as soon as they are in theatres... and I love that... I have right now a great copy with DVD quality and 5.1 sound of The Return of the King and I can watch it all I want several months before it even comes out... but I will still buy the original movie once its available. Same with Matrix Revolutions and Kill Bill :)

SiliasRuby

Gee your lucky Andy
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

bonanzataz

yeah, but i have a feeling that they're going to catch his friend if he keeps doing it in the next five years.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

analogzombie

blah! there is always a market for bootleg movies and they will always exist.

Most of my bootlegs are of titles not available in the US. I have bootlegs of Lars Von Trier's 'The Kingdom 1 & 2' as well as some Miike films not available here yet. The quality is one generation less than the original dvd they were copied from. For about $10 each they were worth it to me. The quality level all depends on the person/company you get them from. Some guys on EBay sell only bootlegs and they are pretty good quality. Stuff from South Asia tends to be okay as well.
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

SiliasRuby

Quote from: taz.yeah, but i have a feeling that they're going to catch his friend if he keeps doing it in the next five years.

I agree
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

analogzombie

Quote from: SiliasRuby
Quote from: taz.yeah, but i have a feeling that they're going to catch his friend if he keeps doing it in the next five years.

I agree

Yeah god forbid he put a stunt man or set designer out of work. hahaha
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

Kal

Quote from: analogzombie
Quote from: SiliasRuby

I agree

Yeah god forbid he put a stunt man or set designer out of work. hahaha

I dont think thats funny... anyhow... they wont catch him cause he only does it for fun and gets only copies for himself and friends... he doesnt sell them... usually they go after the big guys and not the ones who just want fun for themselves

Chest Rockwell