For Your Consideration - Dekapenticon's Campaign Thread!

Started by cine, November 26, 2005, 03:19:26 AM

I Don't Believe in Beatles

"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

polkablues

fixed.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Bethie

QuoteOkay, I'll stop there.

you were supposed to stop at five. you and jb played wrong.
who likes movies anyway

picolas

Brazoliange

Long live the New Flesh

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

SoNowThen

Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Gold Trumpet

Alethia

Find Your Magali

w/o horse

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on November 27, 2005, 05:06:20 PM
anyways, Bergman fans unite with Scenes from a Marriage!

This talk makes me sad, because I had it in my head that I couldn't vote for tv.  I would have voted for, and others who haven't made my mistake should vote for:

Twice, please.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

NEON MERCURY

Pubrick

i don't think this thread is being used properly.

it's JUST for telling ppl movies u think deserve a look, or may be overlooked. not for everyone to rally behind one movie. do u even HAVE a favourite herzog seeing as how u don't care which one makes it on the list as long as it's directed by him? in that case ppl would campaign for ONE kubrick film, and ONE spielberg, and ONE scorsese.. thus creating the most boring fucking dekapenticon imaginable.

ppl vote for whatever u want, if u want to discuss the damn subtleties go to the appropriate thread like cine said at the beginning. keep it a SHORT LIST. if u go like 10 or whatever u might as well say "hey everyone here's exactly what i voted for". that's not the point of this thread. jesus christ.
under the paving stones.