Breaking the Waves Criterion

Started by av8raaron, March 09, 2003, 12:19:01 AM

kotte

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: av8raaronis there a European version DVD (I realize it wouldn't play on a region 1 DVD player) floating around out there?

Here's the Region 2 version:

Dual-Layer, 153 Minutes, color, 2.29 : 1 (partially 2.5 : 1) widescreen transfer (Super 35 / later transfered to anamorph Cinemascope ratio
2.0 Dolby Digital Stereo in English (with non-optional German subtitles) & German; no captions  
16x9 enhanced
Extras: Trailer

The R2 2 disc DVD also includes:

Commentary with von Trier and Anders Refn
Deleted scenes with commentary
Promo Clip In Memory of Katrin Cartlidge
Interview with Adrian Rawlins
Emily Watson´s audition with commentary
Parts of the documentary Tranceformer - A film about Lars von Trier
Lars von Trier Trailers

rustinglass

I have that dvd.

That katrin cartildge memorial is totally funny: the two girls are performing a scene in the church, then, they break out laughing, then we hear Lars screaming "Aw, what the fuck is this?! Ok, cut!" clip ends.

One question: the dvd says dd5.1, but on the commentary, trier says "It's all mono, except for the chapter titles, where its stereo.", are these two independent from each other?
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

LostEraser

A region 1 dvd of BTW with all those extras would be great but what I really want is Zentropa on dvd! I haven't even been able to see it in all it's cinemascope glory for gods sake. That's first on my Lars Von Trier wish list.
Capra tells us that, in effect, love's dreams are only dreams and that they will never quite bear translation into practical forms of relationship and expression. They will never be realized in the world but only in our consciousness and in our most daring and glorious works of art - but that, for Capra, is no reason to abandon love's dreams.
--Ray Carney, American Vision: The Films Of Frank Capra

bonanzataz

Quote from: kotte on June 10, 2004, 03:26:01 PM

Lars von Trier Trailers
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Mark2003

Quote from: kotte on June 10, 2004, 03:26:01 PM

Lars von Trier Trailers

That's the DVD I received.  It wasn't Breaking The Waves, but I wasn't bothered...  it had naked ladies!

modage

as long as it has the Von Trier commentary, I'm set!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.