Napoleon script

Started by Link, May 28, 2003, 03:15:26 PM

Link

This bad boy used to be floating around online, but now it's been taken off.  It's coming out in book form (along with notes, photos, research that Kubrick did over the past 25 years) sometime this year, but I was wondering if anyone has it on their computer?  I really really wanna read it, and I can't wait til that freakin book comes out.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Link

dude, you rock my brownie :-D

(kelvin)

jokerspath

Any clue when that Napoleon book is coming out?
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

MacGuffin

5 MARCH 2003
KUBRICK'S PLANS FOR 'NAPOLEON' TO BE PUBLISHED
The script and preparation details for Stanley Kubrick's long planned but never filmed "Napoleon" project are to be released in a book this year. Jan Harlan, the late director's executive producer, who is working on the book with his sister, Kubrick's widow Christiane, said the book, "Stanley Kubrick's Napoleon - His Greatest Film Never Made," would be a tribute to a project that obsessed the director. He said Kubrick amassed more than 18,000 books and documents on the life of Napoleon Bonaparte and 7,000 location photographs during his 30-year quest to make a film on the French military leader and emperor. The book will include a copy of the film's script and details of the location scouting carried out in Romania, France and Britain in the 1970s. Harlan added that he would love to see the film made one day but said that its scope and sweep, covering Napoleon's entire life, would necessitate a budget of around $120 million. "It would be absolutely fantastic if it could be made," Harlan said.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

jokerspath

I saw that, just was wondering if anybody had anything more specific.  Still, thanks...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

MacGuffin

You want a Kubrick project with a specific time frame or schedule? It's Kubrick. They are probably up to take draft 78.

Skeleton FilmWorks

jokerspath

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT