Trying to remember

Started by Kal, December 15, 2003, 01:06:32 AM

Kal

I dont know if anybody can help... but I've been remembering parts of this movie for a while now and I cant fucking figure out who were the actors or the name of the movie or anything... I remember I watched it many times... I dont even remember if it was good... well here goes

It was some movie about skaters... and a kid who would be part of this gang... well it was kind of Karate Kid but with skates... and in some beach... and the girl... and they had some kind of duel against the enemy gang with the skates and some stupid weapon... and grrr... I dont know... its from the late 80's I think

Anybody knows what Im talking about?

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

lol thats not it mac... thanks for the try...  :-D

this is an actual teen summer movie... they are in cali or some place like that in the beach and they skate and all that shit... has nothing to do with the future or special effects

i think it was like a mix of summer school with karate kid or something... i wish i would remember... i watched it so many times years ago and never heard of it again and for some reason i started remembering a few weeks ago and cant take it off my mind ever since

SHAFTR

Quote from: andyklol thats not it mac... thanks for the try...  :-D

this is an actual teen summer movie... they are in cali or some place like that in the beach and they skate and all that shit... has nothing to do with the future or special effects

i think it was like a mix of summer school with karate kid or something... i wish i would remember... i watched it so many times years ago and never heard of it again and for some reason i started remembering a few weeks ago and cant take it off my mind ever since

sounds like a Choose Your Own Adventure novel.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!! THATS IT!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE JUST FUCKING AMAZING!!! I LOVE YOU MAN!!!

How the hell did you find it?

MacGuffin

Quote from: andykHow the hell did you find it?

Don't ask. My next choice would have been "Gleaming The Cube".

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

haha

i actually found that one on IMDb while looking for this one... but Trashin didnt appear at all and I had no idea of the name... I remember I always saw this back in Argentina and it probably had the name translated to spanish

thanks man u saved my brain from exploding... i owe you one :)

modage

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: andykHow the hell did you find it?

Don't ask. My next choice would have been "Gleaming The Cube".

haha! i was thinking that one when i read the description too.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.