Worst Films of 2002

Started by life_boy, January 09, 2003, 06:01:40 AM

life_boy

The idea of a Carrot Top commentary sounds more like an idea one would joke about rather than actually follow through with.

RegularKarate

I don't get how someone could see The Good Girl as the WORST film of 2002-- not liking it, I get, but WORST?

Maybe you just don't like good comedy.

They weren't actually comparing him to Holden Caufield... he was just a kid that thought he was deeper than he actually was.

bonanzataz

Quote from: Bill MaplewoodIf I was J.D. Salinger I'd have been offended beyond belief that a character, such as Jake's, was suppose to be Holden Caulfield.

I thought that was the point. He's totally NOT Holden, but he really thinks he is and wants to be him SO badly that he tells people that his name is Holden. I didn't really like the film, but I didn't dislike it either. There were some classic, bizarre, Mike White moments that made me chuckel.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Bud_Clay

Quote from: bonanzataz
Quote from: Bill MaplewoodIf I was J.D. Salinger I'd have been offended beyond belief that a character, such as Jake's, was suppose to be Holden Caulfield.

I thought that was the point. He's totally NOT Holden, but he really thinks he is and wants to be him SO badly that he tells people that his name is Holden.

You might be right. If that's what they were trying to go for then I completely didnt realise it. I thought it was a silly shallow interpretation of Holden, but I guess you are right. I still absolutely hate the ending. It's very hard for me to describe my distaste for the ending & it's even harder trying to not give anything away. The whole movie (especially the ending) just rubs me the wrong way.

But again, I don't think "The Good Girl" is the worst movie of 2002. But what I'm trying to say is that there are always going to be endless amounts of Hollywood propoganda bullshit that come out every year withthe same exact title, same exact plots and music as the ones just released. There's no way to keep track of these movies. And besides keeping track of them WHO WOULD WANT TO SEE THEM? I'm pretty much saying that those movies should be eliminated from our conscious because of them being so insignificant. So with that said (of all the movies in 2002 that interested me enough to go see them, even sometimes pay money) "The Good Girl", "The Ring", and "Far From Heaven" are the worst.

polkablues

Quote from: Xixax
Quote from: Bill MaplewoodOh HEY!..I got another bad movie of 2002 to announce..."Igby Goes Down". Even Jeff Goldblum had trouble praising the film on tv talk shows. hahaah, ehhhh..
Oh man, don't tell me that. I have it coming in my Netflix this week and I've got high hopes for it... I'll have to report back in agreement or disagreement.

So many times the previews make movies look great, and then they suck. We'll see...

Keep your high hopes alive.  I loved "Igby Goes Down".
My house, my rules, my coffee

polkablues

Oh, here's a genuine stinker that I just got around to renting: "Blood Work".  Here Clint Eastwood proves that he is only as good as the script he's working from.  This is a movie that is destined to end up on the TBS Superstation on a Saturday afternoon, sandwiched between "Striking Distance" and "Fair Game".
My house, my rules, my coffee

oakmanc234

'American Psycho 2'-WHAT THE F***!

Words cant describe how bad a film that was. They took one of 2000's great films and made a truly, truly awful follow-up that is the worst sequel I've seen since 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2'.

'Ghosts of Mars' was a notable bore. 'Windtalkers' was suprisingly quite hokey (a thought the opening scene was a joke or something!).

MIB2 was a major dissapointment.

And as for 'Swept Away', IT WASN'T THAT BAD!
Maybe I just like Guy Ritchie too much to notice.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

bonanzataz

American Psycho 2 was so bad that it wasn't even funny in the way I wanted it to be. It is a perfect example of a truly bad movie with no redeeming qualities at all.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

phil marlowe

Quote from: bonanzatazAmerican Psycho 2 was so bad that it wasn't even funny in the way I wanted it to be. It is a perfect example of a truly bad movie with no redeeming qualities at all.

That's excactly how I felt while watching The Mummy Returns. I just couldn't laugh at those rediculous ancient egypt scenes. It was beyond the definition of "bad" I think.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Phil Marlowe
That's excactly how I felt while watching The Mummy Returns. I just couldn't laugh at those rediculous ancient egypt scenes. It was beyond the definition of "bad" I think.

Dont bother thinking about the Mummy Returns. Were gonna watch PDL this Friday!!! :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D
I didn't even watch The Mummy Returns.....the first one made me go "FUCK-DAMN" (quote: Phil Marlowe)

phil marlowe

Quote from: Sigur RósWere gonna watch PDL this Friday!!!

Fuck-Damn Yeah!!!

filmcritic

Many of you are being too hard on "Death to Smoochy". Sure, it's stupid and silly but it's suppose to be. This is coming from Danny DeVito who is a terrific filmmaker and he's delivered a dark but colorful funny comedy with a great cast. I also realize that Roger Ebert said it was the worst film of the year. Ebert is the best critic we have but I feel that he missed something here. If you're telling me that "Death to Smoochy" is the worst film of the year, then comedy may never be what it should.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

memo to film critic, there is a reason that name was available, because its kinda a cheesy name

modage

memo to SantaClauseWasABlackMan, as soon as you're done with that ODB picture, its MINE!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: themodernage02memo to SantaClauseWasABlackMan, as soon as you're done with that ODB picture, its MINE!

ju got it mang !