-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Find Your Magali

I love this thread.  :lol: It would make a great little scene for a movie.

Guy 1: "I love John Williams."
Guy 2: "Right on, dude. John Williams is, like, the Eddie Van Halen of classical music."

[beat]

Guy 1:  "What the f-ck does that mean?"
Guy 2:  "What?"
Guy 1:  "You said, 'John Williams is like the Eddie Van Halen of Classical Music.' ... What the f-ck does that mean?"
Guy 2:  "Dude, have you ever heard Eddie Van Halen play guitar? This is how John Williams directs an orchestra ... and those riffs of Van Halen's are as catchy as John's crescendos! That's what the f-ck I mean!"

[beat]

Guy 1 just stares at him

Guy 2:  "It's called a simile, dude. You know, like..."
Guy 1:  "Shut the f-ck up."
Guy 2:  "Dude..."
Guy 1:  "No. Shut the f-ck up. Shut ... the .... f-ck... up."
Guy 2:  "I'm just saying is all..."

mutinyco

Orange, I think your hand's been up that monkey's ass a little too long... :)
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

ShanghaiOrange

What the fuck does that mean?
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Find Your Magali

Isn't this where someone says:

That was the wrong thing to say, [insert name]

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: Find Your MagaliI love this thread.  :lol: It would make a great little scene for a movie.

Guy 1: "I love John Williams."
Guy 2: "Right on, dude. John Williams is, like, the Eddie Van Halen of classical music."

[beat]

Guy 1:  "What the f-ck does that mean?"
Guy 2:  "What?"
Guy 1:  "You said, 'John Williams is like the Eddie Van Halen of Classical Music.' ... What the f-ck does that mean?"
Guy 2:  "Dude, have you ever heard Eddie Van Halen play guitar? This is how John Williams directs an orchestra ... and those riffs of Van Halen's are as catchy as John's crescendos! That's what the f-ck I mean!"

[beat]

Guy 1 just stares at him

Guy 2:  "It's called a simile, dude. You know, like..."
Guy 1:  "Shut the f-ck up."
Guy 2:  "Dude..."
Guy 1:  "No. Shut the f-ck up. Shut ... the .... f-ck... up."
Guy 2:  "I'm just saying is all..."

You're brilliant...

But, this is how all Xixax forums end up... this thread is a microcosm for Xixax society... Xixax is one big movie with the same lines repeating over and over again!  But you're the first to put it in script form...  :-D

Alethia

not PROPER script form

SoNowThen

if I was a reader, I'd have thrown it in the trash by now...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: SoNowThenif I was a reader, I'd have thrown it in the trash by now...

Yeah, he should have used Final Draft.   :lol:

Find Your Magali

Magali: What "proper script form" rules? I didn't see any rules.

Xixax Enforcement Officer: Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by you, it states quite clearly that all comedic posts shall become null and void if -- and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy -- "I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained," et cetera, et cetera... "Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera... "Memo bis punitor delicatum"! It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You failed to following proper formatting! You did not use Final Draft! Your post wasn't even funny, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!

Magali: You're a crook! You're a cheat and a swindler! How could you do a thing like this, raise up a Xixax poster's hopes and then dash all his dreams to pieces? You're an inhuman monster!

Xixax Enforcement Officer: I said good day!

Alethia

hey - is that a reference to willy wonka???????????????????!!!!! :-D

MacGuffin

Quote from: Find Your MagaliMagali: What "proper script form" rules? I didn't see any rules.

MacGuffin: http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3975
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Find Your Magali

Quote from: ewardhey - is that a reference to willy wonka???????????????????!!!!! :-D

Darn tootin' it is, sonny!

Alethia