..The Roots.

Started by NEON MERCURY, January 08, 2004, 01:10:36 PM

NEON MERCURY

They fall under the "for those who don't like rap...you may like" catagory..even though i like rap/hip-hop myself....

but check this out..... 8)

.. "The Seed 2.0"....is currently stuck in my head....

besides quality lryics..et al...they play their own instruments..and i don't mean just the decks... i'm talking about guitars, drums, and sh*t like that..

any fans...???

molly

i like them
something "fresh" in the ocean of hip-hopers/former criminals. It was OK, but recently became tooo much

the seed 2.0 is nice.   also, i  think that their bassists is  the newest member of Incubus.
context, context, context.

phil marlowe

they're really good but they're not fresh. they've been around since the early mid nineties.

i think phrenology is sort of an okay album but such a dissapointment compared to illadelphia highlife and especially things fall apart which is my favorite i think.

Pedro

do you want more?!?!?!?!?(whatever)
is their best.  the roots are probably my favorite rap group

Sleuth

I've only heard Things Fall Apart and liked about half of it.
I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

Quote from: phil marlowe

i think phrenology is sort of an okay album but such a dissapointment compared to illadelphia highlife and especially things fall apart which is my favorite i think.

Dammit Marlowe, sometimes you and I are spot on with musical opinions

Pedro

i dont like things fall apart too much

organix and do you want more are their best albums.  the more jazz, the better the tracks, i think.

NEON MERCURY

.i like the flow of phrenology...and its wicked.....

but to each his own.....

phil marlowe

has anyone heard babies making babies? for those who don't know, it's a compilation of old 70s soul tracks remixed by ?uestlove himself. it's a georgeosly beautiful album.

?uestlove love is a very very nice producer i think.