Ask Thrindle

Started by Gold Trumpet, July 05, 2004, 10:14:34 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

This isn't Thrindle asks, it's ask Thrindle, make with the answers!
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Reinhold

i wasn't mocking you. i'm too drunk to do anything other than make a mockery of myself. so seriously. where'd the fuckin thunderdome go. it's hiding from the search function.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Thrindle

Quote from: permanent username on February 04, 2006, 12:25:09 AM
i wasn't mocking you. i'm too drunk to do anything other than make a mockery of myself. so seriously. where'd the fuckin thunderdome go. it's hiding from the search function.
I'm too drunk to fucking know!  I sent one text message tonight and it got intercepted.  I just about broke up one of my best friends and her boyfriend.  I pretty much suck.  I've done so much explaining tonight, that "Ask Thrindle" shoudl pretty much commit suicide.

I suck.
Classic.

Pozer

polkablues

Quote from: Thrindle on February 04, 2006, 05:07:40 AM
I'm too drunk to fucking know!  I sent one text message tonight and it got intercepted.  I just about broke up one of my best friends and her boyfriend.  I pretty much suck.  I've done so much explaining tonight, that "Ask Thrindle" shoudl pretty much commit suicide.

I suck.

We still like you.   :waving:
My house, my rules, my coffee

Thrindle

Wow, I forgot I even wrote that!  Crazy.  They didn't break up.  I managed to sweet talk my way out of the whole thing... you know, you think you're doing a friend a favor when you warn her that her ex is at the bar that she and her new boyfriend are coming to (it would have gotten stupid).  But no... instead, new boyfriend has to read text and thinks it's something entirely different. Then it all flies back in your face.

What did I learn? 

Stay the fuck out of shit that isn't yours.  Fuck the "girls' code".
Classic.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Where have you been?

Granted, I'm not on MSN Messenger much, so I could be missing something.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Thrindle

Quote from: Walrus, Kookookajoob on February 05, 2006, 06:01:19 PM
Where have you been?

Granted, I'm not on MSN Messenger much, so I could be missing something.
I've been frantically trying to balance work, school, studying, living on my own, and fun time.  Doesn't leave much room for MSN... 
Basically I've been nursing some severe anxiety issues... thanks for asking...
Probably should have PM'd that... sorry guys.
Classic.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

MSN isn't funtime for you!?

Online chatting is what all the cool kids are donig.

Thrindle

Ummm... can I ask you guys to do me a l'il favor??

I'm in a blogging mood with nothing to say...

Please ask me a question (they always get my words flowing).

Thanks!!!
Classic.

Chest Rockwell

There are a couple girls here that I'm attracted to and thus would like to get to know, etc etc. Problem is I'm pretty bad at talking to girls off the cuff, with the intent for further interaction. How do you feel about men starting conversations rather randomly with you? Ids it always obvious that they're interested when they do so? What's the best approach to talking a girl in this sort of manner?

I've talked to one girl that I thought was really pretty once, who's in my class. It was pretty innocent, brief conversation, but she didn't seem uninterested or anything. What kind of hints should I look for that aren't obvious?

Lot of questions, sorry.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Do long distance relationships work?

polkablues

Quote from: Chest Rockwell on October 06, 2006, 09:59:21 PM
There are a couple girls here that I'm attracted to and thus would like to get to know, etc etc. Problem is I'm pretty bad at talking to girls off the cuff, with the intent for further interaction. How do you feel about men starting conversations rather randomly with you? Ids it always obvious that they're interested when they do so? What's the best approach to talking a girl in this sort of manner?

I've talked to one girl that I thought was really pretty once, who's in my class. It was pretty innocent, brief conversation, but she didn't seem uninterested or anything. What kind of hints should I look for that aren't obvious?

Lot of questions, sorry.

Since Xixax freaked out on us and we lost the four posts that followed this, I'll recap: Thrindle said, essentially, that randomly iniating conversation is a good approach, obvious interest isn't a bad thing, and simply introducing yourself is nice.  I responded by throwing down a little theory of my own, with which Thrindle disagreed somewhat.  Then I responded by saying something profound and awesome, to which Thrindle agreed.  You'll have to fill in some of the blanks on your own.

Okay, we can restart the game clock now.

Quote from: Walrus on October 07, 2006, 07:19:04 PM
Do long distance relationships work?

I feel a little bad hijacking Thrindle's thread (not really), but this one's a gimme.  Any relationship that would work in short distance will work in long distance.  Conversely, any relationship that fails at long distance would most likely have failed anyway.  Interestingly (and this is a true statistic; I just read this the other day), while fear of infidelity is often amplified in long distance relationships, the actual rate of infidelity is lower than in other relationships.  Plus, the level of commitment tends to be stronger, simply because there is more time actively spent on making it work; i.e., nobody's taking the relationship for granted.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Chest Rockwell

I wonder if I should take the clearing of all the posts answering my question as a sign. I'm fucked.

Thanks for the recap though, polka, as I hadn't seen any of the follow-up posts.

Thrindle

Fucking Xixax! 

Essentially, I said that saying hi to someone is a great approach.  If a girl is interested you'll just know.  I've had guys talk to me who have wanted to talk to my friends, or just chit chat out of boredom, or because they actually liked me.  Truth is, girls can tell what's going on, and if they're interested you'll pick up on it.  A girl will try and keep the conversation going, she'll giggle, she'll ask you about yourself... etc.

Truth is, nothing is better than being picked out of a crowd, and a confident guy comes up and says, "Hey, I'm ________ " and then segues into a good convo.  You've already made her feel special...

One more thing... I realised a while back that sexual tension isn't just a one person thing.  If you feel like a girl is into you, it's because she probably is!  Think about it... chemistry is a two way street, if she wasn't into you... you'd just feel awkward (rather than exhilerated).

I was far more eloquent before xixax screwed me.  :(
Classic.