FRENCH NEW WAVE - LA NOUVELLE VAGUE

Started by Tommy Both, January 08, 2003, 02:24:51 PM

Tommy Both

First of: Boy it's good to be back!!!
So, I was wondering, 'cause I'm doing this piece on 'La Nouvelle Vague' for school, if you guys knew what I'm talking about and maybe had some suggestions or something on this subject. I just want it to be purffect and maybe some of you had trivia-like info or whatever on the matter that I missed out by accident...... So, if any of you did some heavy research on THE NEW WAVE or just already knew a lot about it and had something or some website I should check out, please tell me!!!
Thanks...!!

Bud_Clay

I don't know of any such site but in the discussion of French New Wave I highly recommend any fans checking out the film "Lola"(1961)....It was Jacques Demy's debut film and his best from what I've seen of his so far....I'm actually trying to get people to shuve this title down Criterion's throat so it will get the dvd release it deserves...For some odd reason the film is out of print on vhs, even in France....Such an unforgivable shame......Also, how 'bout the fact that every Jacques Tati film that was ever released by criterion is now out of print...talk about shame...unless you're okay with letting some Amazon/Ebay whore take 250 bucks from you for just those 3 dvds......such shame..

but if anyone feels the need to help get "Lola" on criterion go to this link: http://www.criterionco.com/asp/ask_form.asp and click on the "Title Suggestion" bubble and tell Jon Mulvaney you need your LOLA like you need your CRACK...and maybe he'll listen..i dunno....do whatever

And while you're at it why not request that the Jacques Tati films be rereleased...for your ol' pal mr.maplewood...eh

budgie

This reminds me, if you happen to come across a Godard film in which a fish gets inserted into a vagina, can you please tell me the title?

MacGuffin

Quote from: budgieThis reminds me, if you happen to come across a Godard film in which a fish gets inserted into a vagina, can you please tell me the title?

I think that's "Week-End."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

budgie

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: budgieThis reminds me, if you happen to come across a Godard film in which a fish gets inserted into a vagina, can you please tell me the title?

I think that's "Week-End."

:kiss: