The 2006 Xixax Awards: CAMPAIGN!

Started by Jeremy Blackman, February 22, 2006, 12:43:06 PM

Jeremy Blackman

It's almost time for the 2006 Xixax Awards! We want your advice on exactly when to start. The Oscars are awarded in two weeks. We could start nominating now and finish that first phase before the Academy Awards ceremony. But since we're not trying to beat the Oscars this year, it wouldn't much matter if we start nominating a few days after the awards. Does the majority of Xixax need more time to get caught up on 2005 movies? Let us know.

JG

Alexandro

We should wait....I definetely need more time and some key movies like Good night, and Brokeback haven't even been released here yet (mexico).

And it's hard to keep up when all the movies come up on the same two weeks...

polkablues

It'd be nice to hold off until a few of the end-of-the-year Oscar-bait movies are on DVD.
My house, my rules, my coffee

life_boy

Before the nominations process gets under way, we should decide between leading performances and supporting performances.  I don't know how we should do this...maybe we ask about some performances that we have questions about and one of the admins makes a decision on it (I recall Jeremy Blackman doing something to this effect last year), and this page can be the master list where our questions can be answered.  If that's cool here's some performances I have questions about.

Jake Gyllenhaal (Brokeback Mountain) - leading or supporting actor
Maria Bello (A History of Violence) - leading or supporting actress
Jeff Daniels (The Squid and the Whale) - leading or supporting actor
Laura Linney (The Squid and the Whale) - leading or supporting actress
George Clooney (Syriana) - leading or supporting actor
Scarlett Johansson  (Match Point) - leading or supporting actress
Q'Orianka Kilcher (The New World) - leading or supporting actress

©brad

i actually think everyone of those would be supporting.  :shock:

modage

not as an admin but just as a person, i feel...

Jake Gyllenhaal (Brokeback Mountain) - leading
Maria Bello (A History of Violence) - supporting actress
Jeff Daniels (The Squid and the Whale) - leading
Laura Linney (The Squid and the Whale) - leading
George Clooney (Syriana) - leading
Scarlett Johansson  (Match Point) - leading
Q'Orianka Kilcher (The New World) - leading

i feel strongly about gyllenhaal and clooney.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

killafilm

Quote from: modage on March 02, 2006, 10:11:09 AM
not as an admin but just as a person, i feel...

Jake Gyllenhaal (Brokeback Mountain) - leading
Maria Bello (A History of Violence) - supporting actress
Jeff Daniels (The Squid and the Whale) - leading
Laura Linney (The Squid and the Whale) - leading
George Clooney (Syriana) - leading
Scarlett Johansson  (Match Point) - leading
Q'Orianka Kilcher (The New World) - leading

i feel strongly labout gyllenhaal and clooney.

modage

well atleast you can't say i dont want brokeback or ledger to win the oscar because i'm a homophobe.  :yabbse-grin:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

matt35mm

Of course not.  How could you be a homophobe when...

Quote from: modage on March 02, 2006, 10:11:09 AM
i feel strongly about gyllenhaal and clooney.

modage

matt35mm

Jeremy Blackman

Nominating will open March 21 and close March 31. So get your lists ready!

Clear instructions will be posted at that time.

Derek237

We really should have done this before the Oscars. I hope people don't feel the need to over-compensate Brokeback Mountain now. But then again, it's still probably not up to the popularity of Eternal Sunshine or Punch Drunk Love, who swept previous Xixax Awards. Kirsten Dunst? Best Supporting Actress nominee? Puh-leeze.

©brad

Quote from: Derek237 on March 10, 2006, 08:32:50 AM
We really should have done this before the Oscars. I hope people don't feel the need to over-compensate Brokeback Mountain now. But then again, it's still probably not up to the popularity of Eternal Sunshine or Punch Drunk Love, who swept previous Xixax Awards. Kirsten Dunst? Best Supporting Actress nominee? Puh-leeze.

you know, we did ask everyone when they'd like to have the xixax awards. you should've spoken up then.