The 78th Annual Academy Awards: Winners List on Page 7

Started by MacGuffin, January 05, 2006, 12:48:07 AM

polkablues

See, this is how I know this isn't the real world I'm living in anymore.  I clearly have a Christof up in some control room watching over me, going, "Let Crash win.  It'll really fuck with his head."

Best line of the night: "For those of you keeping score at home... Martin Scorcese: zero Oscars.  36Mafia: one."
My house, my rules, my coffee

godardian

To all those who are not surprised (how could we be?) but still feeling slighted: The Xixax Awards are coming up. You know what to do.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Reinhold

Quote from: md on March 05, 2006, 10:32:54 PM
Quote from: onomabracadabra on March 05, 2006, 10:30:09 PM
Quote from: Xidentity Crixax on March 05, 2006, 10:28:35 PM
i'm stuck at work with no live results. did crash just win?
If you're online, couldn't you just go to IMDb.com to get the results?  I see inference is not your strong suit.
i think he is providing social commentary on the need of xixax

yeah, let's go with that.

nah, i'm just a retard. thanks for the benefit of the doubt, though.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Thrindle

I totally feel like crying.  i know how dramatic that sounds, but I haven't been this upset since Bush won for the second time.  Soul crushing.
Classic.

Reinhold

Quote from: Thrindle on March 05, 2006, 10:36:40 PM
I totally feel like crying.  i know how dramatic that sounds, but I haven't been this upset since Bush won for the second time.  Soul crushing clenching.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

last days of gerry the elephant

I totally feel like crying.  i know how dramatic that sounds, but I haven't been this upset since Bush won for the second time.  Soul crushing.

I feel the pain!

polkablues

i know how dramatic that sounds, but I haven't been this upset since Bush won for the second time.

YES....

My god... that's exactly what this feeling is.  It's that sense of running around, yelling, "IT'S A COOKBOOK!  TO SERVE MAN IS A COOKBOOK!" but knowing that there's nothing you can really do about it.
My house, my rules, my coffee

NEON MERCURY

final thoughts:

-stewart was fucking hilarious...best host ever
-uma thurman is ugly
-that pimp song is fucking awful...they should have given it to dolly
-i really want to see memiors of a giesha..now more than ever...the film looks beautiful
-i got to give it too reese i use to hate her so much...but after seeing walk the line i actaully like her performance and i dont mind her anymore...the fact that she could change my opinion about her over the course of that film proves her to be deserving of the oscar...
-darren shaved=film complete
-good win for PSH
-kidman was sooooo fucking hot
-i think the insider is underrated
-jamie fox is a douchebag

ono

I totally feel like crying. i know how dramatic that sounds, but I haven't been this upset since Bush won for the second time. Soul crushing.
And it's not like you can threaten to leave the country either.  A trans-continental relocation might be in order.  At least in Europe I hear they're okay with the gay thing.

Oh, and I agree with NEON on one key thing: Uma Thurman looked like Medusa tonight.

Weak2ndAct

'Crash' getting best picture... it like, lessens past ones, like 'Gladiator,' or 'Driving Miss Daisy,' or 'Titanic,' oh wait... who fucking cares.

The Red Vine

you gotta be fuckin kidding me! Brokeback was the best of those movies by a long shot. I just knew they'd find an alternate to Brokeback, cuz God forbid they actually give it to the "gay cowboy movie" (as they say). ridiculous.

as for the rest of the show, it wasn't that good. Jon Stewart's personality just didn't fit for hosting the Academy Awards. the show seemed to drag on, the jokes weren't particularly funny and nothing too earth-shattering seemed to happen. but congrats to Robert Altman and PSH!  :bravo:

did anybody else think the "Crash" song performance segment looked like Night of the Living Dead?
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

grand theft sparrow

This is the final nail in the coffin for the Oscars as far as I'm concerned.  I'm never watching again.  Call me a crybaby, this is bullshit.  This isn't just a shitty movie winning best picture like Forrest Gump or Rocky, PEOPLE ACTUALLY THINK IT'S IMPORTANT!!!

But this, working in conjunction with the obscenely high box office intake of Madea's Family Reunion, has proven to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is no room for me in the filmmaking industry.  I will be focusing all my energies on writing books instead, and will continue to do so until Dan Brown wins a Pulitzer or I drive myself to suicide.

Never before has a Best Picture nominee/winner bothered me so much.  I feel betrayed.

Thrindle

Quote from: polkablues on March 05, 2006, 10:34:39 PMBest line of the night: "For those of you keeping score at home... Martin Scorcese: zero Oscars.  36Mafia: one."
I was going to say the same thing!

Quote from: pyramid machine on March 05, 2006, 10:41:29 PM
-uma thurman is ugly
-that pimp song is fucking awful...they should have given it to dolly
Totally agree.

Quote from: onomabracadabra on March 05, 2006, 10:41:42 PM
Uma Thurman looked like Medusa tonight.
Dually noted.

Quote from: Weak2ndAct on March 05, 2006, 10:41:55 PMwho fucking cares.
Guess so...
Classic.

md

Quote from: onomabracadabra on March 05, 2006, 10:41:42 PM
Oh, and I agree with NEON on one key thing: Uma Thurman looked like Medusa tonight.

That makes three.  I'm not sure what it was, but i think the light hit her nose in a way that made me wikipedia medusa.  I think PSH winning helped comfort me for the let down that was the best picture.  Even Jack kinda gave a "it is what it is" look.  And I don't think Stewart will be back next year, the audience kinda winced more than they laughed...even though it was the funniest shit ever.
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: RedVines on March 05, 2006, 10:42:29 PM
you gotta be fuckin kidding me! Brokeback was the best of those movies by a long shot. I just knew they'd find an alternate to Brokeback, cuz God forbid they actually give it to the "gay cowboy movie" (as they say). ridiculous.

:nono: excuse me sugar..but you cant cop out w/ the "gay cowboy movie"....hollywood is full of liberal idiots...and the fact that the film won for director, screenplay, and nominated for best pic...deadens your arguement....brokeback didnt win b/c of its gayness but rather b/c its overrated.......and heath and jake are douchebags ......damn, douchebag is such a great word..