The 78th Annual Academy Awards: Winners List on Page 7

Started by MacGuffin, January 05, 2006, 12:48:07 AM

NEON MERCURY

:bravo:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAW!!!!

i am so glad this won.....i guess the voters must have read my posts about how unique this film was...

neon 2
xixax 0

ono

Reinhold

i'm stuck at work with no live results. did crash just win?
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

bonanzataz

did cathy schulman just thank her husband AND her wife, or was that just me?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

matt35mm

Lots of people predicted this.  I just didn't want to listen, but I guess it's wasn't technically unforeseeable...

Still.  WHY?  Brokeback was GOOD.  Shame.

MacGuffin

Best Motion Picture of the Year
Winner: Crash (2004) - Paul Haggis, Cathy Schulman

Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role
Winner: Philip Seymour Hoffman for Capote (2005)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role
Winner: Reese Witherspoon for Walk the Line (2005)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role
Winner: George Clooney for Syriana (2005)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role
Winner: Rachel Weisz for The Constant Gardener (2005)

Best Achievement in Directing
Winner: Ang Lee for Brokeback Mountain (2005)

Best Writing, Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen
Winner: Crash (2004) - Paul Haggis, Robert Moresco

Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material Previously Produced or Published
Winner: Brokeback Mountain (2005) - Larry McMurtry, Diana Ossana

Best Achievement in Cinematography
Winner: Memoirs of a Geisha (2005) - Dion Beebe

Best Achievement in Editing
Winner: Crash (2004) - Hughes Winborne

Best Achievement in Art Direction
Winner: Memoirs of a Geisha (2005) - John Myhre, Gretchen Rau

Best Achievement in Costume Design
Winner: Memoirs of a Geisha (2005) - Colleen Atwood

Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Score
Winner: Brokeback Mountain (2005) - Gustavo Santaolalla

Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Song
Winner: Hustle & Flow (2005) - Jordan Houston, Cedric Coleman, Paul Beauregard("It's Hard Out Here For a Pimp")

Best Achievement in Makeup
Winner: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005) - Howard Berger, Tami Lane

Best Achievement in Sound
Winner: King Kong (2005) - Christopher Boyes, Michael Semanick, Michael Hedges, Hammond Peek

Best Achievement in Sound Editing
Winner: King Kong (2005) - Mike Hopkins, Ethan Van der Ryn

Best Achievement in Visual Effects
Winner: King Kong (2005) - Joe Letteri, Brian Van't Hul, Christian Rivers, Richard Taylor

Best Animated Feature Film of the Year
Winner: Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005) - Steve Box, Nick Park

Best Foreign Language Film of the Year
Winner: Tsotsi (2005) - Gavin Hood(South Africa)

Best Documentary, Features
Winner: Marche de l'empereur, La (2005) - Luc Jacquet, Yves Darondeau

Best Documentary, Short Subjects
Winner: A Note of Triumph: The Golden Age of Norman Corwin (2005) - Corinne Marrinan, Eric Simonson

Best Short Film, Animated
Winner: The Moon and the Son (2005) - John Canemaker, Peggy Stern

Best Short Film, Live Action
Winner: Six Shooter (2005) - Martin McDonagh
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

Quote from: Xidentity Crixax on March 05, 2006, 10:28:35 PM
If you're online, couldn't you just go to IMDb.com to get the results?  I see inference is not your strong suit.

godardian

:yabbse-sad:

I would rather have seen them give it to Munich. Crash: Not a bad film, but easily the worst (i.e., most flaws and loss of steam/inspiration) of the bunch.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Alethia

i for one am rather excited to see what cinephile has to say...

godardian

Quote from: bonanzataz on March 05, 2006, 10:29:10 PM
did cathy schulman just thank her husband AND her wife, or was that just me?

Nope, I heard that too.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Reinhold

Quote from: onomabracadabra on March 05, 2006, 10:30:09 PM
If you're online, couldn't you just go to IMDb.com to get the results?  I see inference is not your strong suit.

fuck imdb. i've got macguffin.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

md

Quote from: onomabracadabra on March 05, 2006, 10:30:09 PM
i think he is providing social commentary on the need of xixax
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

modage

looks like Brokeback Mountain, Crash, King Kong and Memoirs of a Geisha were all the big winners tonite with 3 Oscars each!!!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ono

A truly mediocre distribution for a truly mediocre year~!