PDL DVD Reviews

Started by Derek, June 09, 2003, 11:15:49 AM

MacGuffin

Quote from: FernandoThat's not the worse, This is.

I got that beat:

Another sign the end of the world is near. "Kangaroo Jack 2", is a lock. Anthony Anderson, told E Online that in it, "Jack ends up in Vegas, he says he may get there by way of Brooklyn. Either way, Anderson says, "The kangaroo's in trouble." God help us.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Duck Sauce

So anyways guys, gearing up to get my DVD, first thing in the AM, anybody want to buy my screener?

MacGuffin

Los Angeles Times review:

Punch-Drunk Love
Adam Sandler, Emily Watson
Columbia TriStar, $29

There were two types of reactions to Paul Thomas Anderson's ("Boogie Nights") offbeat comedy-drama about a lonely small businessman with several bossy sisters who finds himself a victim of an extortion plot after he calls a phone sex line — viewers either loved the film or found it as excruciating as the sound of nails being scratched down a blackboard. Sandler should at least get kudos for trying something different, but his character of Barry Egan is such a loser it's hard to muster any sympathy for him. Watson, though, shines as a young woman who inexplicably falls in love with the socially immature Barry.

The two-disc DVD is pretty much a waste. There's no commentary from Anderson, and the second disc features some trailers and a weird 12-minute featurette titled "Blossoms & Blood," which includes alternate takes, art work and a music video. There are also two deleted scenes, 12 "Scopitones" — those multi-colored panels that lead in and out of scenes — and a funny faux commercial for "Mattress Man," starring the great Philip Seymour Hoffman.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

fulty

Wow,
I'm sure glad I didn't buy 2 of them..!!
Tinapop  

I used to be smart.... now I'm just stupid.