who is this woman? Monica Bellucci

Started by Ernie, May 25, 2003, 07:03:03 PM

SoNowThen

Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

MacGuffin

Actress Bellucci Has Baby Girl

Monica Bellucci and her husband, French actor Vincent Cassel, became parents over the weekend to a baby girl named Deva, Bellucci's agent said Monday.

"The mother and child are doing well," said Laurent Gregoire, the actress' Paris-based agent. The child was born Sunday in a Rome hospital.

The 34-year-old Italian actress, a former Elite model, has cultivated a thriving international film career in her native Italy and her adopted country France. She's also a familiar face in Hollywood.

The actress appeared in the two "Matrix" sequels and played Mary Magdalene in Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ."

Bellucci met her husband in the mid-1990s on the set of "L'Appartement," her first French-language film and the first of eight movies they have shot together.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Stefen

Quote from: petecool, a new MILB.

Don't you mean BILF? You're sick man.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Ravi

hedwig

Alethia

hedwig

i'm afraid to ask what those other ones mean, then.

Pubrick

sum character consistency would be nice.
under the paving stones.

hedwig

Pubrick

u should know, if not, i'm sure u can work it out.
under the paving stones.

hedwig

I know what a BILF is.

But what the fuck is CALF?

And I think RALPH MALPH is a joke...right?

picolas

everyone must go out and get gigantic black and white avatars. it's just better.

hedwig

Quote from: picolispeveryone must go out and get gigantic black and white avatars. it's just better.