jim o'rourke/loose fur/gastr del sol

Started by NEON MERCURY, July 11, 2005, 10:24:32 AM

NEON MERCURY

i first noticed jim o'rouke when i read that YHF was mixed/produced? by him...  then i picked up th eloose fur cd and it was the two songs penned by him which i thought were the best.......i really liked elegant transaction the best..at times o'rourke has this beautiful falsetto thing going on.  so, i gough tone of his soolo albums, insignificance, and that shi tblew me away.  i will get more..maybe that album with th ebunny sucking that guys dick...seems wild...but IF YOU LIKE YHF/AGIB WILCO STYLE SHIT YOU MUST BUY INSIGFICANCE...any thougths suggestions ?..rants? raves?

as for gastr del sol, i dont know much abou them except for th efact that o'rourke is in this group and they hav eth ecoolest looking album cover i have ever seen.

noyes

gastr del sol's camoufleur is one of the best records ever recorded.
an indie classic.
south america's my name.

NEON MERCURY

i just found out that loose fur [i.e. o'rourke, tweedy, kotche] will have  a new album in out the next few months...!!!...its called born again in the usa...kind of lame...but i heard two tracks [tweedy] and they sound good...plus, i am excited to hear some new o'rourke material...