appropriate films for a hangover

Started by polanski's illegitimate baby, February 19, 2010, 04:24:26 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

And yet, imagine how good it would be if you saw it sober.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

72teeth

i always end up popping in something by Ashby or Altman. i think it has something to do with that old 70's film stock look...
Last Detail
California Split
Mash

Dead Man and Buffalo '66 are good too... and anything by Alexander Payne
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

polanski's illegitimate baby

tested and approved
Tillsammans
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0203166/

P.S. Bruno's unrequited lover is in it :)
every time you find yourself reading this, think of other great things you could be doing... :)

Reinhold

Quote from: 72teeth on February 24, 2010, 02:43:15 AM
i always end up popping in something by Ashby or Altman. i think it has something to do with that old 70's film stock look...
Last Detail
California Split
Mash

Dead Man and Buffalo '66 are good too... and anything by Alexander Payne

half of those movies i'd just rather watch drunk.

Nashville was a college standby for hangovers. can't believe i forgot about that.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Stefen

I feel like a jerk for saying this because i've done nothing but bash this show since it's inception, but I've been ill all week because bitches are sluts (not hungover, but kind of the same) and I've gone through two and a half seasons of Entourage. It's perfect turn your fucking brain off entertainment. Now that I'm getting stronger I don't know if I'll continue watching, but it's been good entertainment.   
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

pete

quit posing dude.
you're afraid of the meathead label the same way an art school student is afraid of the hipster label.  we get it.  but it's an act.  quit posing.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Quote from: pete on March 25, 2010, 07:48:54 PM
quit posing dude.
you're afraid of the meathead label the same way an art school student is afraid of the hipster label.  we get it.  but it's an act.  quit posing.

Pete what is it now? Oh, i forgot, you actually know me... :yabbse-thumbup:
every time you find yourself reading this, think of other great things you could be doing... :)

Stefen

Alot of parents get divorced, Pete.

It's not the end of the world.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Guys thanks for contributing to the thread.  :bravo: