mtv vma's

Started by ©brad, August 28, 2003, 10:17:46 PM

mogwai

that's easy, britney spears owns mtv.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I have to say, Toxic is actually a pretty good song.

Won't make me go buy the CD, but as for pop, I like the beats.  They're getting slightly more inventive.

Quote from: mogwaiMIAMI SOUND MACHINES!

OUTKAST and POLYPHONIC SPREE are to join the live performers at this year's MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS.

Now THAT is some good news.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

piece of shit nominations in all categories.

was i dreaming in the 90s when good videos were nominated? after chris rock hosted back in the day, this became just stupid.

remember when prodigy won? and jamiroquai? and lauryn hill for doo wop? jesus, and smashing pumpkins. WTF HAPPENED TO THE PPL WHO MADE UP THAT MARKET???

i don't get it.
under the paving stones.

mogwai

aye, remember when pearl jam won? those were the days.

Just Withnail

Quote from: PubrickWTF HAPPENED TO THE PPL WHO MADE UP THAT MARKET???

i don't get it.

I guess they grew up. No more MTV.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Pubrickpiece of shit nominations in all categories.

was i dreaming in the 90s when good videos were nominated? after chris rock hosted back in the day, this became just stupid.

remember when prodigy won? and jamiroquai? and lauryn hill for doo wop? jesus, and smashing pumpkins. WTF HAPPENED TO THE PPL WHO MADE UP THAT MARKET???

i don't get it.

I'm with you.

I'm lost as to how they can have a Best Hip Hop video, Best Rap video and Best R&B video (like they're any different) but for rock, the choices are: Jet, The Darkness, Hoobastank , Evanescence, and Linkin Park.

Then they have categories like Best Cinematography, Best Art Direction and Best Editing...no one who watches MTV knows a damn thing about any of that.  (If they did, they probably wouldn't watch MTV as much)
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

FeloniousFunk

Anyone catch Bruce Willis "leaning back" with Puffy? That was pretty funny.

coffeebeetle

Quote from: Pubrickpiece of shit nominations in all categories.

i don't get it.

I share your angst.  My girlfriend couldn't understand why I had no interest in watching the fiasco.  Then I told her we need to talk....
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

NEON MERCURY

.......all right gang.. :-D  :-D  :-D ...............i loved the music awards .........this years was so phucking great......... i though it was so cool and neat that most of the artists came on their boats......... damn, how phucking clever...i  couldnt watch all of the show but the majority i saw was killer....... i remember seeing usher and how finally no one can talk sh*t about him .........he is blessed w/ talent........... and i thought it was cool that bruce willis was hanging with mr. p diddy....and they "leaned back".. :-D  :-D  :-D ............. and that song is getting so much love.......every time i call and vote on TRL all my bitches get screaming wet on me..............its so dank........... plus have you guys noticed that suchin pak is hot..i   just want to take some chop sticks and tease her nipples....and i must admit ashlee simpson is a raw talent........... i like her more than jessica b/c ashlee is more agressive and real...............and she doesnt do pop music like her dumbass sister.......and didnt j-lo look stunning w/ marco ???......gosh,, they are going to  make it...............i can feel it..[::fingers crossed::].........lil john was cool too...............i never get tired of him saying "yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ........................ its so awesome how he makes his voice do that............ i could never get that right frequency.......and also earlier when i was listening to new found glory............ i realized how different they sound from puddle of mud, hoobastank, yellowcard, three doors down, nickelback, creed, a simple plan, good charlotte,............... its astonishing how unique all of these bands are...............and speaking of good charlotte.........when they went on stage w/ d12 ..........they had me laughing...........i was sorta drunk anyway........ but when they got on stage and starting being silly.............i  couldnt help it but to laugh, i actually looked like this{ :lol: }
....................and dave chappelle was funny as sh*t man............ i do think he is well on his way w/ establishing himself w/ the all  time great comedians........ i like how original he is.......and how his routine is never played out...... and its always fresh.......it was odd to  see LL  cool j  doing so much self promotion .......during the pre show he had his ladies wearing black t-shirts w/ tv screens on them showcasing his newest video over and over on a continious loop....................well that sums it up............. definately the best showcasing of musicians  around..........
thank you MTV for being the leader of showing us the vast landscape of musical talents.........much love to ya.... :kiss:

Weird. Oh

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
thank you MTV for being the leader of showing us the vast landscape of musical talents.........much love to ya.... :kiss:

I hope to god you are kidding.
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

Raikus

Quote from: Reformed Weirdo
Quote from: NEON MERCURY

I hope to god you are kidding.
I hope to God you aren't serious.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

cine

ElPandaRoyal

God's on vacation. It's summer. And that might explain a lot of things in the nominnees.
Si

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: mogwaiBest Special Effects In A Video
The White Stripes - 'The Hardest Button To Button'
Does "lots of editing" now qualify as "special effects"?

MacGuffin

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanDoes "lots of editing" now qualify as "special effects"?

A lot of "sampling" qualifies as a "song," so...  :yabbse-undecided:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks