M. Night Shyamalan

Started by Xeditor, January 19, 2003, 10:35:37 PM

Xeditor

What about M. Night Shyamalan?  Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs.  These were all great movies and he deserves to be up here.
The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.

sphinx

just because you don't see a director here doesn't mean that we think that he's horrible or he's a bad director.  it's because we haven't recieved his payment yet, okay?

picolas

sphinx, "payment" is such strong term. here at Xixax, we prefer "enormous velvet sack of bribe money."

Duck Sauce

Xeditor

Good point! What was I thinking?!
The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.

RegularKarate

well, he doesn't deserve to be on there anyway.

He made one great movie, then remade it, then made a mediocre film in the same vein as his two previous films.

Xixax

I'm not an M. Night fan. I think he got luck with Sixth Sense, and everything that has come after has been so-so at best. His visuals aren't anything special, and his stories are mediocre.

At least that's my two cents...
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Duck Sauce

I havent really liked any of his movies, they are kind of bland. To me they were mediocre to good at best. I think Unbreakable is probably my favorite. I vote he NOT have his own section.

Xeditor

Although Sixth Sense seems dull now, everyone was in awe the first time they saw it.  Unbreakable was a great movie I thought and Signs, to me, dealt alot w/ fate which i greatly respect.  Anyways, i know hes not the best, but the point of a message board is to debate over whether he is good or not.  I'm just curious as to what other ppl think as well.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: XeditorAnyways, i know hes not the best, but the point of a message board is to debate over whether he is good or not.  I'm just curious as to what other ppl think as well.

ALL MESSAGE BOARDS WERE CREATED TO DEBAT M. NIGHT SHYAMALAN'S GREATNESS!!

just joking around, but do you think it is necessary for every good director to have a place on the board? I mean do we need a whole category to debate whether he is good or not? If the board were to have sections for every single director, it would be a bit overwhelming, a bit too much and posts might be spread to thin.

Cecil

Xixax

Duck Sauce brings up a good point.

Maybe things will pick up when there are more than PTA-fan types visiiting the site. The sections for the other directors aren't exactly blowing up with activity.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Kumar

I agree with Cecil, Sings was one of the stupidest movies I have ever seen. The aliens had legs strong enough to jump on to roofs, and were smart enough to figure out how to travel thousands of light years through space, but  damded if they couldn't break down a wooden door or the window. Plus their only weakness "water", thats all fine and dandy, but what about all the water in the atmosphere, and humidity. I put that movie up there with Dude Wheres my Car and Crossroads, and at least in Crossroads you got to see Britney Spears dancing around in her underwear.
When the going gets werid, the werid turn pro.

Xeditor

xerxes

i think he's very talented... have enjoyed his movies