Worst Films of 2002

Started by life_boy, January 09, 2003, 06:01:40 AM

Duck Sauce

Quote from: bigideasi agree Goldmember was horrible.
i didn't care too much for the Rules of Attraction....tried a little too hard to be cool and i don't care to watch men dancing in their underwear for extended periods of time

Goldmember was by far the worst movie I saw this whole year, and maybe a contender for the worst movie ever.

bonanzataz

I thought Goldmember was funny because it didn't even try. They just went out with a few million dollars and fucked around on camera. I enjoy movies where you can just sit back and laugh at the ridiculousness. I'm not very picky with my comedies.

Besides, you can't tell me you didn't think the first five minutes was simply brilliant.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Rudie Obias

i would say the biggest disappointment for me this year was THE RULES OF ATTRACTION.  it had a lot going for it like style using split screen and my favorite "my trip to europe" montage but i wish there was something more to the story and characters.  i like the masterbation, the coke and the sex but pointless violence is NOT my cup of tea.  although i'm a big fan of ultra-violence.  some of the directing choice were bad too, like give the audience credit then taking it completely away in one scene.  the psuedo-artsy stuff was also bad like the snow flake falling on james vanderbeek's face then turning into a tear.  was he tearful or did the snow flake melt?  it just came off as cheesy.  thanks roger avary for thinking we're idiots.

CQ was also a disappointment for me.  another style over story film.

CHELSEA WALLS also disappointed me but i did love robert sean lenard and steve zahn scenes.
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Duck Sauce

Quote from: bonanzatazI thought Goldmember was funny because it didn't even try. They just went out with a few million dollars and fucked around on camera. I enjoy movies where you can just sit back and laugh at the ridiculousness. I'm not very picky with my comedies.

Besides, you can't tell me you didn't think the first five minutes was simply brilliant.

I usually would agree with this, but I dont remember laughing at all during this movie. Maybe once. I think the premise has is tired and they just resort to gags more than they did with the first (which was my favorite). I actually hated this movie.

XL NEGRO

Rules of Attraction was a real dissapointment. Whats with the "lets be cool, hip and edgy for the sake of being cool, hip and edgy" attitude? Didnt that die around 1994-95???

BOY did that snowflake thing top the charts as the most pretensious thing all year. Behind me was a big old black woman who saw that and said "Artistic." Nothing more. And the suicide scene was pretty pointless, I guess he enjoys photographing people killing themselves, because it had no bearing on the film whatsoever.

bonanzataz

Quote from: budgieOf the ones I've seen, but shit now can't even remember if it was 2002: About A Boy. Oh yeah, it was. Wasn't it?

What was so bad about it? I just rented it from blockbuster and I enjoyed it. It became a bit sappy towards the end, but other than that I thought it was a fine movie. Not the best of the year, but certainly not the worst of 2002...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

XL NEGRO

Swimfan was pretty bad too, but it made it even more entertaining. I remember the trailer played with Goldmember, and I laughed more at the Swimfan trailer than i did the entire goldmember movie. Still, i think Swimfan will go down as a cult-classic

Duck Sauce

Quote from: bonanzataz
Quote from: budgieOf the ones I've seen, but shit now can't even remember if it was 2002: About A Boy. Oh yeah, it was. Wasn't it?

What was so bad about it? I just rented it from blockbuster and I enjoyed it. It became a bit sappy towards the end, but other than that I thought it was a fine movie. Not the best of the year, but certainly not the worst of 2002...

I just saw this and I was very pleased by it up until the last third. I admired the shallow humor but then it seemed like the last part was written by somebody from the Disney channel... Overly sappy and out of place. So I watch the "Making of" on the DVD and the directors say "we totally created the last third of the movie, it wasnt in the book." Poorly done.

Gold Trumpet

Ah come on, About a Boy was one of the few treasures of last summer. Its a Hugh Grant romantic comedy and calling it too sappy or or what not is not really fitting for his movie at all. Its like dismissing most of the great Hollywood comedies because all they did was march to a formula. It doesn't matter because within the genre, this is a very good movie with Hugh Grant at his best and doing what no one else can do better. Movie may not be the most important movie, but a damn good movie for its genre of romantic comedy these days.

~rougerum

bonanzataz

Oh boy. Directors are the same guys that did American Pie. I can't believe they changed the book. Now I'm going to have to read it to see what really happens.

Rudie Obias

Quote from: XL NEGROSwimfan was pretty bad too, but it made it even more entertaining. I remember the trailer played with Goldmember, and I laughed more at the Swimfan trailer than i did the entire goldmember movie. Still, i think Swimfan will go down as a cult-classic

dude, swimfan rocked!  i really liked it and i loved the trailer!
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

bonanzataz

Quote from: rudieob
Quote from: XL NEGROSwimfan was pretty bad too, but it made it even more entertaining. I remember the trailer played with Goldmember, and I laughed more at the Swimfan trailer than i did the entire goldmember movie. Still, i think Swimfan will go down as a cult-classic

dude, swimfan rocked!  i really liked it and i loved the trailer!

What I loved about the trailer was that you didn't have to watch the movie, as the ENTIRE thing was handed to you in less than 2 minutes.

82nd post. Magnolia, all the way!

tpfkabi

swimfan was doomed in my opinion. for one, the lead actress was a Julia Stiles look alike, which is bad for me, since i don't find Stiles to be that attractive to begin with
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

RegularKarate

Quote from: bigideasswimfan was doomed in my opinion. for one, the lead actress was a Julia Stiles look alike, which is bad for me, since i don't find Stiles to be that attractive to begin with

That's Erika Christensen, she was in Traffic.

I think Julia Styles is pretty hot actually... I'm not usually into her type, there's just something about her.

She and Jason Lee are both decent actors that I like, but always get shitty roles.  Now they're in a shitty movie together.

Thecowgoooesmooo

Goldmember as the worst movie ever? Nah don't think so, I think I laughed once during the whole movie though. I was very dissapointed. Got the dvd for X mas for some god damn reason, I dont know, but I found lil funny parts to repeat over and over to myself... For example.. "Casey and the Sunshine Band..."

My girlfriend made me see Swimfan, I'd give it a 1 out of 10. Fuckin horrible.

chris