Arrested Development

Started by Weak2ndAct, October 24, 2004, 12:25:59 AM

MacGuffin

'Arrested Development' reunion stirring
Single-camera project expected to get a pilot order
Source: Hollywood Reporter

The "Arrested Development" reunion at Fox is inching closer to primetime reality.

No deals are finalized, but a single-camera project from Emmy-winning series' creator/executive producer Mitch Hurwitz, co-star Will Arnett and co-executive producer Jim Vallely is expected to receive a pilot order from the network pending a switcheroo on the studio side.

Sony TV, which originally developed the show with studio-based Tantamount and Principato/Young, pulled out, with Lionsgate TV stepping in to back the high-priced comedy.

The untitled half-hour, originally picked up by Fox in August with a script commitment, was written by Hurwitz, Arnett and Vallely. It stars Arnett as a rich Beverly Hills jackass who falls in love with a charitable tree-hugging woman who can't stand his lifestyle or values.

The project stems from the development pact that Arnett inked with Fox in October.

Hurwitz is executive producing with his producing partners at Tantamount, Eric Tannenbaum and Kim Tannenbaum; Vallely; and Peter Principato and Paul Young. Arnett also serves as a producer.

Lionsgate TV has been a mainly cable player with such series as "Mad Men" and "Weeds" but has a relationship at Fox.

The two pilots they most recently did on the broadcast side were both at Fox: "Me & Lee?" and "Sincerely, Ted Nancy."

Arnett recently lent his voice to "Sit Down, Shut Up," Hurwitz's animated comedy for Fox and Sony TV on which Vallely served as a co-exec producer.

Hurwitz and Vallely won two 2005 Emmys for penning the "Righteous Brothers" episode of "Arrested Development." Last season, the two wrote the CBS/Sony pilot "Happiness Isn't Everything," which starred Jason Biggs.

Arnett earned Emmy noms for his role as part-time magician Gob Bluth on "Arrested Development" and for his recurring role on NBC's "30 Rock." He will next be seen in "Jonah Hex."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

72teeth

Arrested Development Movie news straight from the Gobs mouth...

...they talk about it 'round 1hr 12mins

this whole episode is great really :)

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Jeremy Blackman

Can you summarize what the news is?

Pedro

There is going to be a movie.  Mitch Hurwitz is in the process of writing it in an "unexpected" format and it should be "satisfying" for the fans. 

Tictacbk

From TMZ: http://www.tmz.com/2011/10/02/arrested-development-television-show-one-more-season-mitch-hurwitz-ron-howard/

Arrested Development Coming Back For One More Season

"Arrested Development" creator Mitch Hurwitz announced today that the show will be coming back to television -- five years after it was cancelled.

Hurwitz said the show will do a "limited" season which will show us what the characters have been up to since the show last aired ... which will then lead right into the planned movie.

There is no official deal in place yet for where or when the show will air.

Pwaybloe

In the past, I would have automatically dismissed any news from TMZ.  But, they have broken a lot of accurate stories recently.

Pubrick

Quote from: Pwaybloe on October 03, 2011, 07:10:26 AM
But, they have broken a lot of accurate stories recently.

and you have broken that sentence unnecessarily.
under the paving stones.

picolas

72teeth

YESSSSS!!!!!! How did i not see this coming!? Of course 1 more season, genius!!!!

Can't. Fucking. Wait!
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

JG

I doubt it, but I DID see George Michael and Maeby walking down Broadway last night. He don't look like George Michael no more.

tpfkabi

Funny that I've seen the Ann actress in a TV series and maybe other things, but I don't remember seeing Maeby in anything.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

squints

Quote from: tpfkabi on October 06, 2011, 09:53:07 PM
Funny that I've seen the Ann actress in a TV series and maybe other things, but I don't remember seeing Maeby in anything.

she plays a prostitute in Cedar Rapids
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Sleepless

And she was in that Someone Got A Room movie. Or at least she was in the trailer.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Pedro

Jeremy Blackman

Netflix took the title of the show too literally and thought it was a perfect match for them.

Yes my jokes are bad.