Current top fives

Started by Ernie, February 20, 2003, 08:42:23 PM

Ernie

List your current top five favorite actors and actresses. I think we should do this every once in awhile. I don't know about you guys but my favorites are always changing with the actors and actresses. There's so many fucking talented people working.

Actors

1. Philip Seymour Hoffman
2. Sam Rockwell
3. Johnny Depp
4. Jake Gyllenhaal
5. Mark Ruffalo

Actresses

1. Zooey Deschanel
2. Audrey Tautou
3. Brittany Murphy (I have never seen such potential, she could be so great)
4. Mary Lynn Rajskub (deserves best supp actress for PDL)
5. Maggie Gyllenhaal

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: ebeaman694. Mary Lynn Rajskub (deserves best supp actress for PDL)

"It's a free country" was probably one of the best-delivered lines in that movie.

Pubrick

Actors

pfft, give a shit.

Actresses
1. Thora
2. Hope Davis
3. Nic Kidman
4. Jul Moore
5. Phil hoffman.
under the paving stones.

xerxes

Quote from: P
Actresses
5. Phil hoffman.

...it brings on many changes... and i can take or leave it if i please...  :?

Ernie

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: ebeaman694. Mary Lynn Rajskub (deserves best supp actress for PDL)

"It's a free country" was probably one of the best-delivered lines in that movie.

I loved the whole thing when she's threatening Barry talking about Lena, "Well, if your not going to come to the party then I'll just invite her, right?" That scene is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I don't remember exactly what she says but I remember that scene being one of my favorites in the movie.

Also, Phil Hoffman, that fucking talented genius is going to be on my favorite show tonight: Conan O Brien, just so you know. You guys just know that's going to be funny. I'm definitely staying up to see that, I can't wait for the comedy central re-run.

©brad

in no particular order;

actors
Jeff Bridges
John Goodman
Dennis Quaid
Joe Pesci
Tom Cruise

actresses
julie moore
meryl streep
marisa tomei (wish she did more)
goldie hawn
dianne wiest

Fishbulb

If you want to see something funny, get the "Mr. Show" season 1 and 2 DVD set and watch the sketch where Bob Odenkirk is ordering donuts and Mary Lynn Rajskub is the frustrated girl behind the counter. Mary Lynn can convey so much disdain with just her expressive face.

Oh yeah, here's my picks at the moment

Actors: 1) Philip Seymour Hoffman 2) John C. Reilly 3) Steve Buscemi 4) Sam Rockwell 5) Steve Zahn

Actresses: 1)Thora Birch  2) Christina Ricci 3) Samantha Morton  4) Natasha Lyonne 5) Parker Posey

subject to change at any time- I also like Emily Watson, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Erika Christensen, Zooey Deschanel, Janeane Garofalo. I did like Brittany Murphy until she did "8 Mile" with Eminem and then "Just Married".

phil marlowe

Quote from: cbrad4dactresses
goldie hawn

:yabbse-huh:

Ernie

Quote from: FishbulbIf you want to see something funny, get the "Mr. Show" season 1 and 2 DVD set and watch the sketch where Bob Odenkirk is ordering donuts and Mary Lynn Rajskub is the frustrated girl behind the counter. Mary Lynn can convey so much disdain with just her expressive face.

Oh yeah, here's my picks at the moment

Actors: 1) Philip Seymour Hoffman 2) John C. Reilly 3) Steve Buscemi 4) Sam Rockwell 5) Steve Zahn

Actresses: 1)Thora Birch  2) Christina Ricci 3) Samantha Morton  4) Natasha Lyonne 5) Parker Posey

subject to change at any time- I also like Emily Watson, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Erika Christensen, Zooey Deschanel, Janeane Garofalo. I did like Brittany Murphy until she did "8 Mile" with Eminem and then "Just Married".

Oh, I hate the movies Brittany Murphy is in too, I still think she's fucking great though. It's hard to explain, I just think she could be so great with a good filmmaker. I'd definitely put her in some of my films.

Yeah, I became a fan of Mr. Show awhile ago after blind buying the DVD. It's great stuff man. Can't wait for the next season to come out.

MacGuffin

ACTORS
1. John Cusack
2. Benicio Del Toro
3. Johnny Depp
4. Ewan McGregor
5. Sean Penn  

ACTRESSES
1. Patricia Clarkson
2. Catherine Keener
3. Nicole Kidman
4. Julianne Moore
5. Tilda Swinton
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ernie

Wow, you know who was really really really great in PDL, the girl that played Georgia. She's a great actress, I almost forgot about her. I hope PTA puts her in some more movies.

polkablues

Um....

1. Phil Hoffman
2. Benicio Del Toro
3. Colin Farrell (I won't have any Colin-bashing around here. Go see "Tigerland".)
4. Billy Crudup
5. Jude Law

1. Jennifer Connelly
2. Hope Davis
3. Diane Lane
4. Julianne Moore
5. Melora Walters
My house, my rules, my coffee

Xixax

In no particular order:

Actors:
Kevin Spacey
Brad Pitt
Steve Buscemi
Edward Norton
Phil Hoffman

Actresses:
Naomi Watts
Rachel Griffiths
Amanda Bynes (laugh if you must, but she's sorely underrated. she just needs the right script)
Gwyneth Paltrow
Parker Posey
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

ReelHotGames

Actors - Phil Hoffman, Edward Norton, Sam Rockwell, Don Cheadle, Adrian Brody (Runners up - Thomas Jane, Aaron Eckhart, Barry Pepper, Mark Ruffalo, Joe Mantagna and John C. Rielly)

Actresses - Samantha Moreton, Melora Walters, Lily Taylor, Natasha Lyon, Julianne Moore (Runners up Claire Danes, Mary McCormack, Minnie Driver)

Okay how about who showed HUGE potential in one film and then has since BLOWN IT!

Jennifer Lopez in Out of Sight... Bring her back and shoot JLo and shove her in a ditch
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

Ernie

Quote from: michael alessandroActors - Phil Hoffman, Edward Norton, Sam Rockwell, Don Cheadle, Adrian Brody (Runners up - Thomas Jane, Aaron Eckhart, Barry Pepper, Mark Ruffalo, Joe Mantagna and John C. Rielly)

Actresses - Samantha Moreton, Melora Walters, Lily Taylor, Natasha Lyon, Julianne Moore (Runners up Claire Danes, Mary McCormack, Minnie Driver)

Okay how about who showed HUGE potential in one film and then has since BLOWN IT!

Jennifer Lopez in Out of Sight... Bring her back and shoot JLo and shove her in a ditch

Thomas Jane is a great fucking actor. It sucks that he hasn't done anything cool since Nights. He would be one of my favorite actors today if he had.