Who are you favorite movie heroes?

Started by El Duderino, March 14, 2004, 12:11:10 PM

SoNowThen

Quote from: themodernage02olivia newton john (bad girl) from grease.

*swoon*

I'm guessing that's poster wall mount worthy?!
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

El Duderino

is there a link for these pictures?
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

LostEraser

Dale Cooper - Twin Peaks (I know it's a tv show, but still...)
Jeffrey Beaumont - Blue Velvet
Truman Burbank - The Truman Show
Barry Egan - Punch-Drunk Love
Ed Wood - Ed Wood
Edward Scissorhands - Edward Scissorhands
Ferris Beuler - Ferris Beuler's Day Off
Ferdinand "Pierrot" Griffon - Pierret Le Fou
Guido Anselmi - 8 1/2
Marcello Rubini - La Dolce Vita
Mr. Hulot - Jacques Tati's films
Capra tells us that, in effect, love's dreams are only dreams and that they will never quite bear translation into practical forms of relationship and expression. They will never be realized in the world but only in our consciousness and in our most daring and glorious works of art - but that, for Capra, is no reason to abandon love's dreams.
--Ray Carney, American Vision: The Films Of Frank Capra

pete

yay ferris bueller!  My friend once brought up this fine point, that if you were matthew broderick, wouldn't you just stay in that character forever?  Off screen as well?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

El Duderino

cine

*quote admin whited for kill bill (2) spoiler

Quote from: El Duderinobeatrix kiddo
:evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

El Duderino

*admin whited for kill bill (2) spoiler

Quote from: Cinephile 9000
Quote from: El Duderinobeatrix kiddo
:evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

?

cine

Some people haven't seen the fucking movie.

El Duderino

Pubrick

i really can't wait to see it now to see how big that spoiler was and how inconsiderate duderino was.

oh and to answer the topic: lars von trier.
under the paving stones.