To Newbs, introduce yourself.

Started by Xixax, January 08, 2003, 01:13:48 PM

McfLy

Quote from: Crash on March 07, 2006, 08:37:44 AM
Quote from: McfLy on March 06, 2006, 01:19:56 AM
And bye-bye.

..and bye-bye... and bye-bye...bye-bye

My bad, I didn't know there was a member named "Crash." I meant the movie. And thanks for the good words Pubrick.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I believe Crash was refrencing Punch Drunk Love, McFly.

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

McfLy

Quote from: Golden Age Walrus on March 08, 2006, 01:16:32 PM
I believe Crash was refrencing Punch Drunk Love, McFly.

As was I in my original post, I read Crash's post differently at the time. But now everything is illuminated.

sheshothim

Hmm.....you know what? I don't really have anything to say. I guess it's pretty much just what my subject says. So yeah. I'm listening to Ozma right now if that counts for anything...
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

Pubrick

Quote from: sheshothim on March 10, 2006, 09:23:32 AM
Hmm.....you know what? I don't really have anything to say. I guess it's pretty much just what my subject says. So yeah. I'm listening to Ozma right now if that counts for anything...
how'd you find the site / favourite directors / things you don't like / non-film interests / your place in the world?
under the paving stones.

meatwad

I guess it's pretty much just what my subject says..

and for the future, people usually don't read the subject lines, so you don't have to put one every time you post

sheshothim

Quote from: meatwad on March 10, 2006, 10:10:31 AM
I guess it's pretty much just what my subject says..

and for the future, people usually don't read the subject lines, so you don't have to put one every time you post

Oh.......I really enjoy subject lines. I won't dwell, though.

And thank you Pubrick for being such a lovely guide. I don't seem to really know what I'm doing here, do I?

Here's an interesting story for everyone:
I'm not really sure how I found this site. I did it when I was drunk, and I don't remember doing it. I just know that I found this confirmation email in my Inbox that said welcome to this site, blah blah blah, and so I went and looked into it. I had made myself a username and password and everything, and I have no recollection. Very odd. No matter though. Not to say I have no interest in movies and whatnot, and that I just found this randomly. I really do have those sort of interests....I'm just not sure how I managed to find this.

Oh, and if you couldn't tell, I love Star Wars. It's a passion. If people wish to criticize me for it, that's ok, I'll accept the criticism with no evil retort. I get it quite often.

Fun Fact: I'm a journalism major

Random Thought: I'm making it my life's goal to marry John Williams.

Side Note: I hated Charlize Theron's dress.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

sheshothim

I'm going to reply to my own post. It's the cool thing to do.

You see, while reading many random other posts, I came to this magnificent realization: For the most part, the movies I enjoy are considered shitty by the majority of you. Now does this put me into a great state of despair? Of course not. I love the movies because I love them, and if a large majority of people think they're horrible, that's something I can live with. At least they bring me pleasure. But here's my whole problem: All this time, I've been telling people these are "good movies." What if they're not? What if these movies that I love are absolutely dreadful, and I've been recommending them to all my friends and loved ones? What kind of person does that? I suppose that person is me. It's just something I find extremely disturbing. But then again, maybe they're actually good movies. I mean, in my opinion they are. I guess it's all a matter of opinion, but when I hear people criticizing this and that, technical stuff that I don't consider, I realize that the movie may very well BE shitty. What a dilemma. Not really, but it definitely gave me something to waste a few minutes writing about.

Fernando

Quote from: sheshothim on March 10, 2006, 01:47:11 PM
I'm going to reply to my own post. It's the cool uncool thing to do.

What kind of person does that?

Only a sick twisted mind would do such thing.

Welcome aboard.   :yabbse-smiley:

MacGuffin

Quote from: sheshothim on March 10, 2006, 12:44:31 PMRandom Thought: I'm making it my life's goal to marry John Williams.

Maybe Thrindle can help you crank-call him.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

sheshothim

What? Crank call him?? Oh that would be magical...

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

The call isn't magical, it's all in the clench.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

sheshothim

I'm absolutely amazed with the changing picture at the top of the page. I was actually just hitting "Refresh" over and over again to see how many movies I could name.....

MacGuffin

Quote from: sheshothim on March 12, 2006, 04:12:45 PM
I'm absolutely amazed with the changing picture at the top of the page. I was actually just hitting "Refresh" over and over again to see how many movies I could name.....

What'll freak your freak is when you're watching a film you've never watched before or one in a very long time and you suddenly realize, "That's what movie that still on the marquee is from!"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

sheshothim

Yes, yes......and more than likely I'll post about it. Oh you just wait, people of xixax. You're so in for it.