Kill Bill: Volume One

Started by Satcho9, January 19, 2003, 10:18:06 PM

©brad

Yeah but it looks like a sneak studio ploy to make more $$, a fucking cliffhanger to another movie?? Like Melrose Place style, at the end of part 1 you see "scenes from the 5th movie by Quentin Tarantino"

I expected the film to be long. Both Pulp and Jackie are 2&1/2 hours+.

Duck Sauce

I dont like this idea really. I just want one movie and then T to move onto his next movie. More diversity. I wont complain if it happens, Id just rather it be KILL BILL and not KILL BILL I and KILL BILL II. (I know they arent sequels)

Gold Trumpet

The thing is, this still will be one movie. With this idea, Tarantino is able to show more of what he really wanted to show. I'm sure after both are released to dvd and 10 years have gone by, it will be seen as one movie by everyone. Just with this, Tarantino is able to make the film he wants to make. *Thinks about Apocalypse Now and its history and starts to reconsider it necessarily being a good thing*

~rougerum

sphinx

Quote from: MacGuffinKill Bill to be Split Into Two Films?

Columnists Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel Smith spoke to actor David Carradine about Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill. Carradine says there might be plans to make it into a double feature.

"Shooting has been going on so long -- with Quentin continuing to write scenes -- that plans are afoot to turn 'Kill Bill' into two 90-minute features that would be released within five weeks of each other," he says. "The first film would end with a cliffhanger, so that everyone would want to see the second half."

Carradine adds that if these plans go through he would have to come back for more filming. "I was called back in January to do an additional scene Tarantino had written, and was back again twice in February. Dividing 'Kill Bill' into two films would mean my returning to the cameras again for some connective tissue."

the core of the idea is stupid, personally: it'll only buy tarantino a maximum of five more weeks, and will probably give him even more work to do.  but if the length exceeds 3 and a half hours, i suppose he'll be forced to do it or something.

bonanzataz

Quote from: cecil b. dementedi hope the dvd will include both.

Oh Cecil!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Cecil

hey i wouldnt be surprised if they sell part 1 seperately from part 2. well have to pay 2 times to see it in theatres anyway.

bonanzataz

Oh Cecil!

That's just my funny way of saying... "you're such a crazy mother fucker, but I love ya in a loosely heterosexual way!"
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Cecil

Duck Sauce

I thought about it, and it does seem like an alright idea from a cinephile stand point. I get to see more of a movie. They just better hope this thing is good.

Ghostboy

I kinda like this idea, kind don't...it's a cute homage of sorts to Saturday afternoon serials, but I'd still rather see the movie in one sitting, however long it may be.

Not that it's going to happen, since AICN already debunked this one. I'll trust that, since Harry is pretty tight with Tarantino.

Pwaybloe

Quote from: GhostboyNot that it's going to happen, since AICN already debunked this one. I'll trust that, since Harry is pretty tight with Tarantino.

Why in the world is that hog so popular with Hollywood?  If I was his buddy, the first time he came over I would lock up my refrigerator so he wouldn't stay long.

Raikus

Check out this cool Kill Bill site for Japan.

http://www.killbill.jp/

(hint: type in "killbill" to get an interesting tagline trailer)

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

©brad

that fourth film by qt shit is really starting to make me cringe. what a big fucking head that man has. I guess all directors do though...

Raikus

Quotewhat a big fucking head that man has. I guess all directors do though...

At least on Tarantino it's genetic.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Cecil

Quote from: cbrad4dthat fourth film by qt shit is really starting to make me cringe. what a big fucking head that man has. I guess all directors do though...

i think its suppose to kinda mean "FINALLY the 4th film by qt"