Crank that up dude!

Started by NEON MERCURY, July 15, 2003, 04:57:23 PM

NEON MERCURY

does anyone listen to videogame soundtracks (they do exist)... just wondering?

ono

I do.  RPG soundtracks have some of the most heavenly music ever.  I have all the Suikoden I stuff on MP3, and used to listen to it a whole lot.  Now, not as much because it's kind of a phase type thing.  I'm like that with all music.  I'm a big fan of FFT's (my bro has the original two-CD set; we both love it), FF9's, and Suikoden I and II.  Also, the pack-in CD with FF Anthology was great (had a combo of some FFV and FFVI music).

Sleuth

Mega Man games have some rad music...

I like the Final Fantasy games' music a lot.  There's some really brilliant people working on this stuff, and it's really sad to see them looked at so low compared to other musicians
I like to hug dogs

ono

Yep, how could I forget Megaman.  And the X series, too.  Although the later games got increasingly worse.  X1 and Megaman 2-6 and 8 all have some great, great music.  Not sure about MM7, haven't played it but maybe once on ROM.  And I never owned X2 or X3 so I can't be sure about those either.

The Mario games always have had great music as well, as have Donkey Kong Country.  DKC2 has one of the best soundtracks in a game I've ever heard.  The Xenogears soundtrack is great, too, as is all the stuff from Chrono Trigger (and Chrono Cross, to a lesser extent).

Jeremy Blackman

The music from the Fallout games is amazing... (not sure if it's available)...

Sleuth

Zelda series has some good stuff, and I like the music from Zelda2 because it's so...weird.  I love how it stands out that way
I like to hug dogs

Raikus

I still listen to my Full Throttle soundtrack by the Gone Jackals occasionally. Good stuff. Also have some 2 Final Fantasy CD's. Some of the things they compose (like Celeste's Opera and Sephiroth's theme) are truly great.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

jokerspath

I used to just throw the themes from Super Mario Bros. and Zelda onto mix tapes.  I'm good like that.

Besides those, favorite pieces of music include:
Everything from Virtua Tennis.  Its all like sweet riffage a la Maiden or the Fucking Champs.
Maniac Mansion.  Each character had different music on his headphones, which you could turn off at any time, or switch.  It was sweet.
California Games - Just remember liking a bunch of these songs.
The "Continue?" menu of Who Framed Roger Rabbit.  This is no joke the most sorrowful song I've heard in all of video games.  I used to let the weasels catch me on purpose to hear it and make my parents listen to it with me.

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT