Ebert & Roeper or Hot Ticket

Started by filmcritic, June 18, 2003, 09:12:43 PM

filmcritic

There are mostly two critic shows that are a little similar. Which one do you like the best, "Ebert & Roeper" or "Hot Ticket"? Personally, I think "Ebert & Roeper" is a much more informative and better show. Both of the critics are really good and they see much more movies than "Hot Ticket". "Hot Ticket" is entertaining but the critics don't know what they're talking about, particularly Joyce Kulhawik. She actually hated Magnolia!!!! :shock:  And she also hated "The Hours" and said that Nicole Kidman gave the worst performance of the year even though she won the Oscar!!! :shock: But it is rather entertaining so I would call it entertaining garbage. But "Ebert & Roeper" is very insightful and informative.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

©brad

um, what was wrong with the ebert thread like two threads up? do we have to start new threads of every little topic-- this is why fucking natural resources are scarce, cuz muther fuckers like u start meaningless new threads when u coulda just recycled the other ebert thread. fuck! do u even know about global warming? do u know what is happening right now on the planet? like there's a hole in the sky and its causing all this wack shit to happen? ppl have all these suvs (i drive one) and we're using too much fuel and we have to kill ppl in other countries to get more fuel and its all b/c we never think or do anything right. so i encourage u to recycle these old threads and quit wasting new ones! quit wasting my time! thank u.

filmcritic

Shut up! You just need a chill pill and a bar of soap to wash that mouth out! Then maybe I can listen to your junk! But don't worry, there are doctors who can help you through your anger management situation. :lol:
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

sexterossa

what is there really to discuss? Ebert obviously.
I dream of birds and sometimes they land and burst into flames. And I dream my teeth are rotting. And when I am awake, I dream of you.

godardian

Ugh. This is the choice we're left with? They're both fairly vile, in my opinion. I choose Susan Sontag's essays on Godard, Bergman, and "A Century of Cinema" over cumulatively all television film reviewing (what they do is not criticism, really- there are a great many reviewers running around, but very few real critics, not anymore).
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Duck Sauce

This thread does not impress me

Keener

I don't watch critic shows because our stations air them at very odd hours late at night. Also, I find myself loving alot of movies they hate. For example: The Million Dollar Hotel. One of my favorite movies period and Ebert and Roeper both hated it.

Quote from: EbertMillion Dollar Hotel is a mess...
Quote from: Roeper...total disaster. Worst movie this year so far!

Screw you guys !
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

Ravi

Quote from: KeenerI don't watch critic shows because our stations air them at very odd hours late at night. Also, I find myself loving alot of movies they hate. For example: The Million Dollar Hotel. One of my favorite movies period and Ebert and Roeper both hated it.

Screw you guys !

Well, when it comes down to it, a critic's opinion is just that, an opinion.  It's just that I would rather go to Ebert for his opinions on movies than some guy off the street.

Keener

I usually go by my forum because the people there are movie lovers and we have similar tastes. I find it to be best if you get your reviews from people who typically like what you like. Such is not the case with Roger Ebert, though I do respect his film knowledge.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

polkablues

Quote from: KeenerI don't watch critic shows because our stations air them at very odd hours late at night. Also, I find myself loving alot of movies they hate. For example: The Million Dollar Hotel. One of my favorite movies period and Ebert and Roeper both hated it.

Screw you guys !

Wow.... I can see Roeper saying that; Roeper's a dumbass.  But Ebert...?

Anyway, sticking to the original thread point, I wouldn't watch "Hot Ticket" if they had a gun to my balls.  Ebert and Roeper at least I can sit through.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Gold Trumpet

Ebert and Roeper of course. I really don't mind Roeper, but I disagree with him more than Ebert and love Ebert. Roeper, though, seems most insightful on his reasons for disliking a film than recommending any. And to back their opinion up on Million Dollar Hotel, I also hated the film. The movie was very ridiculous and consisted more of goofball oddities standing around showing how they were ridiculous than anything. Insight into the murder investigation or their problems was really nonexistent. It was all just a rather odd ball showing of quircks and what not.

~rougerum

dufresne

Ebert and Roeper...although i'd prefer any show to Hot Ticket.
There are shadows in life, baby.

Rudie Obias

neither.  i hate richard roeper and i hate lenard maltin and joyce kulhawik.  

i liked siskle and ebert back in the day but since siskle died i don't trust any critics.  i really liked his insight on film.  ebert is ok but my money was always on gene siskle.  i trust my gut and the opinions of my friends to any fuckin' critic out there.  they're all idiots!!
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

modage

although you may not agree with them, i doubt that they're "idiots".  in fact, i bet any one of them has seen more movies than you AND your friends combined.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.