Upcoming Releases

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 07:13:19 PM

Bethie

QuoteIf schizophrenic is (from Merriam Webster) a psychotic disorder characterized by loss of contact with the environment, by noticeable deterioration in the level of functioning in everyday life, and by disintegration of personality expressed as disorder of feeling, thought (as in hallucinations and delusions), and conduct.

Quote from: pyramid machine on December 15, 2005, 11:48:40 PM
and modage, if you got any pointers...please drop us a line my sex thread in idle chatter....i will thank you out loud for my insecurities...while the others will silently thank you..

This all might have something to do with playing video games non stop.
who likes movies anyway

Ravi

ThurstonPowell

found this yesterday, surprised it hasn't spread yet:

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/the-passenger.html

Title: The Passenger
Starring: Jack Nicholson
Released: 14th March 2006
SRP: $24.96

Further Details:
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced a new release of The Passenger which stars Jack Nicholson and Maria Schneider. Originally released in 1975, the film is a suspenseful and haunting portrait of a drained journalist whose deliverance is an identity exchange with a dead man. The disc will be available to own from the 14th March, priced at around $24.96. Extras on this one will include an audio commentary with Jack Nicholson, a second commentary with Wim Wenders (director of Paris, Texas & Wings of Desire), An Evening at the Academy Featurette, and an interview with writer Mark Peploe and Maria Schneide. We've attached a small shot of the official region one package artwork below:
Did you tell your friend Bernice I'm some kind of jet pilot?

SHAFTR

The Ice Storm, is there a new dvd of this coming out?  Otherwise, I'll just go buy the old dvd.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

matt35mm

Quote from: ThurstonPowell on January 03, 2006, 02:04:50 PM
found this yesterday, surprised it hasn't spread yet:

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/the-passenger.html

Title: The Passenger
Starring: Jack Nicholson
Released: 14th March 2006
SRP: $24.96

Further Details:
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced a new release of The Passenger which stars Jack Nicholson and Maria Schneider. Originally released in 1975, the film is a suspenseful and haunting portrait of a drained journalist whose deliverance is an identity exchange with a dead man. The disc will be available to own from the 14th March, priced at around $24.96. Extras on this one will include an audio commentary with Jack Nicholson, a second commentary with Wim Wenders (director of Paris, Texas & Wings of Desire), An Evening at the Academy Featurette, and an interview with writer Mark Peploe and Maria Schneide. We've attached a small shot of the official region one package artwork below:

This is also playing in theaters now.  I just saw it in the theater, and it was quite good.  I think it's been playing for a little while, but just opened here.  It's nice to see a movie like this on the big screen.

I seem to recall Nicholson saying that this was his favorite performance, or one of his favorite performances, that he's given.  He's fantastic in it.  His commentary might be pretty interesting.  I don't think he'd do a commentary for most any other movie, so his love for this movie, I think, is clear.

Anyway, if this happens to be playing near you, go catch it.

modage

it will be playing in my dvd player on march 14th.  so i'll probably catch it in my living room. 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

Title: Delicatessen
Released: 2nd May 2006
SRP: $29.99

Further Details:
Buena Vista Home Entertainment has announced Delicatessen, a surreal, dark comedy which stars Jean-Claude Dreyfus and Dominique Pinon. The film, from Amelie director Jean-Pierre Jeunet, will be available to own from the 2nd May this year. Retail will be around $29.99. The film itself will be presented in 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen, along with a French Dolby 2.0 Surround track. English subtitles will also be provided. As far as we know, no extra material will be included. Stay tuned for the official artwork.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

First of all, we have the official skinny from 20th Century Fox on their upcoming celebration of all things Planet of the Apes on DVD. The centerpiece of the affair will be the 3/28 release of the 14-disc, THX-certified Planet of the Apes: The Ultimate DVD Collection (SRP $179.98). Here's a disc by disc list of the extras, as confirmed by the studio:

Disc One - Planet of the Apes (1967 - anamorphic widescreen video, with Dolby Digital 5.1 & DTS 5.1 audio, audio commentary by composer Jerry Goldsmith, commentary by actors Roddy McDowell, Natalie Trundy and Kim Hunter, and make-up artist John Chambers, text commentary by Eric Greene, author of Planet of the Apes as American Myth) - note that this is the same as Disc One from the 35th Anniversary Edition.

Disc Two - Planet of the Apes Bonus Disc (includes the 1998 Behind the Planet of the Apes documentary, trailers for all of the classic Apes films, promo spots, a make-up test with Edward G. Robinson from 1966, Roddy McDowall's original home movies, dailies and outtakes, the 1967 N.A.T.O. presentation, 4 vintage featurettes (Planet of the Apes, A Look Behind the Planet of the Apes, Don Taylor Directs Escape from the Planet of the Apes and J. Lee Thompson Directs Conquest of the Planet of the Apes), original film reviews and galleries of poster art, production photos and costume sketches) - note that this is the same as Disc Two from the 35th Anniversary Edition and is also the same basic content as was included on Image Entertainment's Behind the Planet of the Apes: Special Collector's Edition.

Disc Three - Beneath the Planet of the Apes (1970 - newly remastered in anamorphic widescreen video with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, plus a cast page, theatrical trailers for this and all of the other Apes films and a behind-the-scenes photo gallery) - same extras as on the previous release.

Disc Four - Escape from the Planet of the Apes (1971 - newly remastered in anamorphic widescreen video with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, plus a cast page, theatrical trailers for this and all of the other Apes films and the Don Taylor Directs Escape from the Planet of the Apes featurette).

Disc Five - Conquest of the Planet of the Apes (1972 - newly remastered in anamorphic widescreen video with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, plus a cast page, theatrical trailers for this and all of the other Apes films and the J. Lee Thompson Directs Conquest of the Planet of the Apes featurette).

Disc Six - Battle for the Planet of the Apes (1973 - newly remastered in anamorphic widescreen video with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, plus a cast page, theatrical trailers for this and all of the other Apes films and the Fox Interactive's Behind the Scenes of the Planet of the Apes videogame promo).

Discs Seven-Ten - Planet of the Apes: The Complete TV Series (1974 - includes all 14 episodes in the original full frame video with Dolby Digital mono audio, plus photo galleries and TV spots) - this is basically the same as the previous 4-disc DVD release of the TV series, but the photo galleries and TV spots are new to this edition.

Discs Eleven-Twelve - Return to the Planet of the Apes: The Complete Animated Series (1975 - includes all 13 episodes in their original full frame video with Dolby Digital mono audio).

Disc Thirteen - Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes (2001 - anamorphic widescreen video with Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 audio, plus extras) - note that this is identical to Disc One of the previous DVD release of this film.

Disc Fourteen - Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes Bonus Disc (with additional extras) - note that this is identical to Disc Two of the previous DVD release of this film.

As you can see, what's new in The Ultimate DVD Collection are the new anamorphic transfers of the four classic Apes films that have previously been available in letterboxed widecreen only, along with the complete animated TV series (its first appearance on DVD and exclusive to The Ultimate DVD Collection) and a couple new extras on the 1974 live-action TV series. All of this comes with a special "ape" display case designed to replicate the original mask designs from the classic films. This is the kind of packaging that Fox has previously released in Japan only (with I, Robot and The Alien Quadrilogy), so you've got to at least give the studio credit for making it available to U.S. fans as well (expensive though it is). Here's a picture of the packaging...

For those not quite ready to part with $180, Fox is also releasing a 6-disc Planet of the Apes: The Legacy Boxset (SRP $49.98), which will include all five of the original Apes films, along with a bonus disc containing the Behind the Planet of the Apes documentary, trailers for all of the other Apes films and the Fox Interactive's Behind the Scenes of the Planet of the Apes videogame promo. We believe the classic films will all be the newly remastered anamorphic widescreen versions.

And for those simply wanting to add the later films to their libraries in better quality one at a time, Battle for the Planet of the Apes, Beneath the Planet of the Apes, Conquest of Planet of the Apes and Escape from the Planet of the Apes will all be re-released as stand-alone versions on 3/28 as well (SRP $14.98 each). These will each be the same as the movie discs contained in The Ultimate Collection, with newly remastered anamorphic widescreen video and the same extras.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Rudie Obias

about fuckin' time!!!!

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/robert-altman-collection.html

Title: Robert Altman Collection
Starring: N/A (Various)
Released: 25th April 2006
SRP: $39.98

Further Details:
Fox Home Entertainment has sent over the artwork for the new Robert Altman Collection which includes a single-disc release of Mash, A Perfect Couple, Quintet and A Wedding. Each film will be presented in anamorphic widescreen, along with English Stereo tracks. Extras on Mash will include a commentary with Robert Altman, an AMC Backstory Featurette, a Still Gallery and the Theatrical Trailer. The remaining three titles will each include a making of featurette and the theatrical trailer. You'll be able to own this new collection from the 25th April, priced at around $39.98.

i'm so fuckin' happy A WEDDING is finally on dvd!!!!

\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

hedwig

YES!

On April 4, 2006, Fox Home Entertainment will release an 8-disc Mel Brooks Collection Box Set. It will retail at $99.98 and the films included will be:

Blazing Saddles
History of the World Part 1
Young Frankenstein

and for the first time on dvd,

High Anxiety
Silent Movie
To Be or Not to Be
Robin Hood: Men in Tights
The Twelve Chairs

The Young Frankenstein disc will be the exact same Special Edition Fox released many years ago*, and the Blazing Saddles disc will be the same Special Edition Warner Brothers Home Entertainment released in 2004.

The other films will receive new Anamorphic Widescreen transfers, and will include their own Theatrical Trailer, as well as trailers for other films by Brooks.

History of the World Part 1 will also contain a "Brain Soup" Feature, while Robin Hood: Men in Tights will carry an "HBO Special" Featurette. Silent Movie will contain trailers in Spanish and Portuguese along with its English trailer, and To Be or Not To Be will contain a Featurette and Profiles for Mel Brooks, Anne Bancroft and Charles Durning.

source: dvd fanatic

*i've read conflicting reports on this. according to some sources, there will be a new edition of Young Frankenstein. i dunno though.

Rudie Obias

i think SPACEBALLS should have been included with that.
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

MacGuffin

The 2-disc Event Horizon: Special Collector's Edition (4/18) will include include audio commentary by director Paul W.S. Anderson and producer Jeremy Bolt, the 5-part Making of Event Horizon documentary, The Unseen Event Horizon featurette (on an unfilmed rescue scene, featuring conceptual artwork), The Point of No Return featurette (on the filming of the movie itself), the original theatrical trailer and a video trailer.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Quote from: MacGuffin on January 26, 2006, 05:21:46 PM
The 2-disc Event Horizon: Special Collector's Edition (4/18) will include include audio commentary by director Paul W.S. Anderson and producer Jeremy Bolt, the 5-part Making of Event Horizon documentary, The Unseen Event Horizon featurette (on an unfilmed rescue scene, featuring conceptual artwork), The Point of No Return featurette (on the filming of the movie itself), the original theatrical trailer and a video trailer.

Is it the theatrical version, or the legendary 17-minute longer unrated version?
My house, my rules, my coffee

cine

Quote from: rudiecorexxx on January 24, 2006, 04:03:55 PM
this is brooks's FOX films.. this and the producers are MGM.

Ravi

Quote from: Cinephile on January 26, 2006, 07:42:55 PM
Quote from: rudiecorexxx on January 24, 2006, 04:03:55 PM
this is brooks's FOX films.. this and the producers are MGM.

Blazing Saddles (WB) is included in the set.  Either MGM wouldn't let them include Spaceballs and The Producers or they weren't asked.