Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

MacGuffin

First off, edison is forbidden to speak about future episodes.

And I'm beginning to think the hatch is based on the Simpson's episode where Homer had to vent the gas every so often.

Quote from: RegularKarateMichelle Rodriguez always sucked, but she is ESPECIALLY annoying now... I really hate that they're going to try to do something between her and Sawyer... so annoying and predictable.  I really want Sawyer to kill her like he said.

I'm hoping Sawyer is playing possum and will break her defenses down by killing her with kindness.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Tictacbk

I don't think the back of the plane people are eating eachother...but i do think that a number of them has been killed by the others.

I also agree it'd be sweet if Sawyer was pulling a con on the island where he woos Rodriguez and then gets what he needs and feeds her to the island.

RegularKarate

SPOILERS FOR LOST AND FOR WOLVES OF THE CALLA

If you've read Wolves, maybe you already know what I'm suggesting here.

maybe the others come and demand a new sacrifice every now and again.

Maybe Sawyer and gang are being held to be the next sacrifices.

polkablues

Quote from: RegularKarateSPOILERS FOR LOST AND FOR WOLVES OF THE CALLA

If you've read Wolves, maybe you already know what I'm suggesting here.

maybe the others come and demand a new sacrifice every now and again.

Maybe Sawyer and gang are being held to be the next sacrifices.

DUDE!  I thought the exact same thing.  Freaky...

Spoilers-esque:
Midway through last season I had a major brainstorm in which "Lost" was really a huge crossover with Stephen King's Dark Tower series.  Specifically, the island is a hub one of the beams, the Others are followers of the Crimson King, who brought the plane down to get Walt, a powerful psychic, in order to use him as a Breaker (the whole "Dharma Initiative" might be a Breaker operation).  Of course, ka conspired to get all the other characters on the plane so they would be able to stop the whole thing.

Do I really believe this to be the case?  No.  But it would be pretty fucking cool.
My house, my rules, my coffee

edison

Alright, finally saw this just now, and i though it was ok. I think the dog is gonna dig up the bottle and cause some trouble by handing it to Jack or Locke. Backstory this time was blah, nothin much new there. Can't wait for Rose and Bernard to get together, now thats probably gonna be a tear-jerker. I think the reason the number of the other group has dwindled is because they were tortured/killed by the others or perhaps the island monster sucked them down or threw them into the trees like the pilot.

This is a pretty funny spolier pic from this previous episode.

Pubrick

Quote from: edisonThis is a pretty funny pic  , not a spoiler (at least to those who have seen the episode), so dont get your underoos in a bunch
i don't think u understand what a spoiler is. if someome has seen whatever ur talking about, then obviously nothing is a spoiler to them. a spoiler can only be experienced by those who are not privvy to what u are discussing/showing.

i'm not even reading this thread cos the new season hasn't started here, i've just noticed that u don't seem to understand the notion of a spoiler, a suspicion confirmed by the quote above.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

"Lost" actor, wife robbed at gunpoint in home

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A cast member of the Emmy-winning TV series "Lost" and his wife were robbed at gunpoint in their Honolulu home, police and a spokeswoman for the actor said on Thursday.

A spokeswoman for actor     Josh Holloway confirmed that he and his wife had been robbed.

Honolulu police declined to identify Holloway but said a couple living at his property was awakened at 4:10 a.m. local time on Wednesday by a man wearing gray-and-black shirt and baseball cap holding a handgun.

Local KHON-TV reported that the robber took cash and the keys to a Mercedes-Benz car later found in the area.

Holloway, 36, plays Sawyer on ABCs top-rated show "Lost" about survivors of a plane crash trying to survive on a mysterious, uncharted Pacific Island.

"My family and I are fine and appreciate everyone's concerns and good thoughts," the actor said in a statement. "We are very grateful for the help of the Honolulu police department and the support of the local community."

The show is shooting its second season on Hawaii's Oahu.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

edison

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: edisonThis is a pretty funny pic  , not a spoiler (at least to those who have seen the episode), so dont get your underoos in a bunch
i don't think u understand what a spoiler is. if someome has seen whatever ur talking about, then obviously nothing is a spoiler to them. a spoiler can only be experienced by those who are not privvy to what u are discussing/showing.

i'm not even reading this thread cos the new season hasn't started here, i've just noticed that u don't seem to understand the notion of a spoiler, a suspicion confirmed by the quote above.

Ok, so I said, that the pic is NOT a spoiler to those who have seen the episode, so that means it IS a spoiler to those who have not seen the episode. I guess ill change it to: "This is a pretty funny pic that is a spolier to those who have not seen the episode or to those who live in a place where the new season has not started yet" Is that better?

Gamblour.

Why didn't Sawyer just beat the shit out of the robber?
WWPTAD?

Tictacbk

Because its all just a big con

JG

i dont know what to think about tonight's episode.  i'll let other people post and then i'll conform to your thoughts.

it was a change of pace, at the very least.

modage

i dont like them telling us that someone will die in 3 weeks.  i like even less that lost wont be on for 3 weeks.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Tictacbk

I don't think anyone is going to die in 3 weeks.  They just said they'll be "lost forever."  My theory: Walt is lost forever...because he is converted to an other.

As for tonights story...too much Sun.  Yea it was nice to learn more about her and her island/past life, but what happened to the episodes where they were about all the people on the island?

Gamblour.

The Koreans backstory=boring! I remember last week, when they found the bottle, it was like a who's who of characters that are boring and don't matter anymore, i.e. Claire, Shannon, and Sun. This episode was bad.
WWPTAD?

edison

Quote from: TictacbkI don't think anyone is going to die in 3 weeks.  They just said they'll be "lost forever."  My theory: Walt is lost forever...because he is converted to an other.

I guess you missed the spoiler over at aint it cool then.

So far i've seen half of this and while the backstorys this season are becoming pointless the island stuff is keeping me hooked. I have only seen to the part when the Others cross in front of Jin and Mr. Echo and that teddy bear dragging on the ground was creepy.