I lost ALL my music. - Vista did it. (help)

Started by Stefen, July 02, 2007, 11:12:11 PM

Stefen

I already reinstalled Windows so everything is gone.

I've built up a pretty good music folder since it happened so slowly but surely I'm getting everything back.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Reinhold

i joined demonoid today. would you like an invite?
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Stefen

Yeah, sure. Let me check it out.

I'll send you an oink or indietorrents invite as soon as I get some if you haven't gotten one yet.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Reinhold

you'd be my personal jesus if you could get me into oink. it won't let me invite you to demonoid just yet because i'm so new but i'll keep checking up on that.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

bonanzataz

i have, like, 10 oink invites. if anybody wants one, let me know...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Stefen

Quote from: Reinhold on July 30, 2007, 06:53:35 PM
you'd be my personal jesus if you could get me into oink. it won't let me invite you to demonoid just yet because i'm so new but i'll keep checking up on that.

Sounds good. Thanks.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: bonanzataz on July 30, 2007, 07:44:29 PM
i have, like, 10 oink invites. if anybody wants one, let me know...

Oh, would love one of those!

Stefen

Let's turn the now playing thread into a thread about oink too!!

I'll start.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

I've been going to Regynouth since Mod showed it to me a couple years ago, but what's the deal with the site now? Whenever I bring it up, my virus scan/anti spyware goes nuts quarantining crap, and then regynouth will just direct me to some spyblocker website. Is this just me or is it happening to anyone else?

modage

no, it happens to me too.  it sucks so i've really slowed down visiting.  but you just hit SKIP TO SITE and can get there ok.  i think the guy who runs it actually got robbed right after he cashed a paycheck and then didn't have money to keep the site up because he didn't collect enough donations.  so, that sucks.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

I know the one you can just click skip ad at the top, that one doesn't bother me very much, and I shouldn't complain because beggars can't be choosers, but there is another one that says something like would you like to install spydoctor? And when you click no it takes you to the spy doctor webpage and tries to install anyways. The worst part is the fact that it makes your browser full screen and I hate that.

Like I said, beggars can't be choosers so I shouldn't complain.

This is a great thread. I've found so much of my music because of it. I'd like to thank everyone for helping me out including the admins who stickied it.

I SO wanna try installing vista again because it looked so crisp and clean but it didn't work for shit. Maybe when the new service pack is released it will work better.

Stefen

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Stefen on August 28, 2007, 03:11:32 PM
I SO wanna try installing vista again because it looked so crisp and clean but it didn't work for shit. Maybe when the new service pack is released it will work better.

Don't misconstrue what I'm about to say as support for Vista, but I got a new laptop with Vista on it, and I'm yet to really have my music raped by it.  I think it's probably because I selected that I didn't want to install Windows Defender, but I don't know.  You should be fine.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

I think it's probably better to have Vista pre-installed on a new computer instead of upgrading from Windows XP.

I really should just leave it alone, but I really like the way Vista looks. Maybe I'll wait a few more months.