Most perfectly composed shot in movie history

Started by Just Withnail, May 22, 2003, 12:32:14 PM

mogwai

the menu screen is probably one of the best ever.

well, while we're at it, here's a couple of caps from forrest gump:

SHAFTR

"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

modage

Quote from: mogwaĆ­the menu screen is probably one of the best ever.

yeah its pretty great.  the kids going 'ow!' whenever he hits their drum.  pretty neat.  ADMIT IT!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Just Withnail

I just finished re-watching Schindler's List. Damn, it's got to be one of the most beautifully photographed films I've ever seen, it's close to perfection. It really looks old, and more like a documentary than a film. You get that brutal feeling that it's real, with the gritty newsreel black and white.

Anyone want to dig up some caps? Pretty please? One of the train arriving at Auschwitz would be very nice.

El Duderino

that shot in "The Godfather part 1" when Al Pacino is at dinner with the guy and the cop and comes out of the bathroom and shoots them when the subway car is passing.....holy shit
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Born Under Punches

Not exactly perfectly composed, but perfect in my book is the shot behind the back of Adam Sandler in PDL after Lena calls him in the front lobby, where he's looking at the sign to find the direction to her apartment.  Anyone have a cap of that one?

El Duderino

mogwai

Quote from: WithnailOne of the train arriving at Auschwitz would be very nice.
is this one of them?

two personal favorites:

Quote from: Run Fay RunNot exactly perfectly composed, but perfect in my book is the shot behind the back of Adam Sandler in PDL after Lena calls him in the front lobby, where he's looking at the sign to find the direction to her apartment.  Anyone have a cap of that one?
yes, i do...

Ravi

Quote from: mogwai
Oskar Schindler's Grave.

Hey ! That's on Jerusalem's Lutheran  grave! I pass near there like every Saturday.
context, context, context.

Just Withnail

Quote from: mogwaiis this one of them?

Definitely  :-D That's one scary moment. Have you ever seen a more evil searchlight? (Don't any of you dare to bring up the "Searchlight of Sauron")

Quote from: cronopio
Quote from: mogwai
Oskar Schindler's Grave.

Hey ! That's on Jerusalem's Lutheran  grave! I pass near there like every Saturday.

No shit? Cool.

Born Under Punches

Quote from: mogwaibarry egan
That's the one.  I don't know why I like that one so much, but I think it's perfect.  Thanx Mogwai.

El Duderino

on the topic of shots in PDL, i really love the one where Sandler comes charging out of the the matress store and walks offscreen after confronting Philip Seymour Hoffman. anyone got that?

Dottie_Hinkle

I think in the heat of the night had numerous great shots.
Does Anyone Know Where I can get the soundtrack/score to BANANAS?