The 2008 Xixax Awards

Started by MacGuffin, March 01, 2008, 12:23:24 AM

last days of gerry the elephant

Control for Best Debut Film :yabbse-thumbup:

w/o horse

Viva Pedro - The Almodóvar Collection

Best DVD release.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Astrostic

Syndromes and a Century for Best Film.

Films of Alejandro Jodorowsky Box Set
for Best DVD

©brad

Gamblour.

Quote from: overmeunderyou on March 04, 2008, 01:26:31 PM
Control for Best Debut Film :yabbse-thumbup:

Goddammit, too many fucking amazing debuts. Between this and King of Kong, I am stumped. I'll probably go for Control, because Kong will have my Doc vote.
WWPTAD?

It's easier for me, I've only seen a select number of films last year and so... my nominations should be in soon enough :)

Quote from: MacGuffin on March 04, 2008, 12:43:18 AM
For Your Consideration:

Best Debut Film:

Hey Mac, could we really vote for this as debut even though it's from the same guy that made Spellbound?

I really liked Rocket Science though, I'd like to vote for it someplace.

Alexandro

THREE FILMS BY HIROSHI TESHIGIHARA. best dvd release

HAL HOLBROOK best supporting actor

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Alexandro

BEST DVD RELEASE

The special editions of their classic animated films Disney have been releasein since last year are all pretty much amazing. This one takes the cup for me because of the amount of extra stuff that is actually cool. For starters, the behind the scenes stuff is not only heartfelt but also filled with an honesty that usually Disney prefers to keep in the background. This is not a DVD for families who will only listen over and over about "the magic" of Disney, but for the fans, the animation geeks who wanna know the ins and outs of how the film was made. That story itself is awesome, with Walt suddenly getting back with passion on an animated project which was gonna be his last, how the friendship of Mowgli and Baloo reflected the friendship of the two chief animators, how the film came at a moment when the animation department had reduced it's numbers to the point that the work done in the 40's by 30 people was being done then by 3, Walt's death and how it affected everyone...That single making of in itself is worth the price.

Add to it deleted scenes and musical numbers, a dozen of rejected songs, hundreds of original sketches of character and set designs and a new transfer which offers the film for the first time in widescreen, vibrant with colors and sounds and you have an awesome dvd. It also has the spanish dubbed version which maybe only latins can understand how incredibly cool it is because of the voice talent involved.

I hope we can make space in our nominations for a Disney film, which I don't know if has happened before.

Sleepless

Y'all knew this was coming...

FOR YOUR KIND CONSIDERATION

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

squints

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR:

Stephen Graham, This is England
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

MacGuffin

One Week Left To Get Your Nominations In!!!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

Christ I hate the supporting categories. I can't think of any fucking people!

EDIT: Can we get a final word on Amy Ryan in Gone Baby Gone? And is Tilda Swinton really a lead? I feel like there are so few supporting women with this incredibly lenient definition.
WWPTAD?

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: squints on March 07, 2008, 08:05:26 PM
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR:

Stephen Graham, This is England

Provided that any of the admins have seen it and can comment, I think he might qualify as lead since he pretty much dominates the second half of the movie.