Post your DVD Deals

Started by SHAFTR, November 17, 2003, 11:44:42 PM

Pas

Where do you americans buy the cheapest dvds online? I don't mean cheapest good movies or cheapest new releases or criterions or whatever. I mean a place where you browse through a list of 3000 shit tiles and find 3-4 that look not that bad and they cost like $3-4US?

Does that exist? I read in the papers this morning that DVDs are on average 28% more expensive in Canada than US even though our money is worth more than yours. And I can find 5ish bucks dvds here if they are shit here so....

Stefen

Quote from: Pas on April 14, 2011, 03:33:04 PM
Where do you americans buy the cheapest dvds online? I don't mean cheapest good movies or cheapest new releases or criterions or whatever. I mean a place where you browse through a list of 3000 shit tiles and find 3-4 that look not that bad and they cost like $3-4US?

Does that exist? I read in the papers this morning that DVDs are on average 28% more expensive in Canada than US even though our money is worth more than yours. And I can find 5ish bucks dvds here if they are shit here so....

Amazon. I use Amazon prime and get free two day shipping on everything. I always buy $5 or $6 blu-rays.

http://www.blu-ray.com/deals/?sortby=price
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

Sweet I'll check it out, thanks mate.

remember that time when all things on Xixax were Stefen. That was a good day. 2011 is like Stefen-appreciation-year.

Ravi

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

Mod, I love you/hate you.

Pas

Yikes, I can see 300$ easily flying out of my pocket. Thanks... I guess.  :doh:

Stefen

That's a crazy good sale. I have most of them already and the ones I don't have, I'm not really interested in. Thinking about getting Blow Out, Kes and the Double Life of Veronique, but they would all be blind buys. Really want Modern Times. Grr.

Everyone else should do yourselves a favor and pick up that America:Lost and Found boxset. It's one of the best sets I've ever seen and at that price it's a steal. Cheapest I saw it before was at $65 (which is what I bought it at). 7 movies (some good, others great) at that price is ridiculous. It's worth it for Easy Rider, Five Easy Pieces and especially The Last Picture Show alone.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

Fucking piece of shit Amazon is charging me 50$ for shipping of my 8 blu ray order (including the america lost and found, so 15 blu I guess)

This is so fucking annoying because if I take the order from Amazon.ca it's free shipping but the prices are 200% higher or more. Newsflash: the canadian dollar is WORTH MORE THAN THE US DOLLAR. And this is gonna stay like that for the next 20 years, deal with it damn it.

Oh well, still a 15ish$ average price for each blu which is awesome.

Mr. Merrill Lehrl

Quote from: Pas on April 26, 2011, 06:03:14 PM
This is so fucking annoying because if I take the order from Amazon.ca it's free shipping but the prices are 200% higher or more. Newsflash: the canadian dollar is WORTH MORE THAN THE US DOLLAR. And this is gonna stay like that for the next 20 years, deal with it damn it. .

Probably because the Canadian dollar is worth 0.0476 more than the American dollar, which is slightly less than a 200% difference.  And Criterion is owned by an American company I'm sure.
"If I had to hold up the most heavily fortified bank in America," Bolaño says, "I'd take a gang of poets. The attempt would probably end in disaster, but it would be beautiful."

Pas

What? No offense but go do your economy class again.

If americans sell to americans something for 20USD, they make MORE money by selling it to canadians for 20CAD. So when they sell it to canadians for 40CAD, it's just screwing them over. (What I mean is amazon.com=20USD and amazon.ca=40CAD for the same blu ray)

Also don't talk to me about shipping because if they warehouse is on the east coast it's way more expensive to ship to California (which they do for free) than to Montreal. And if it's on the west coast then it doesn't matter because they'd still charge me the same awful price if I was living 30 miles north.

Mr. Merrill Lehrl

I imagine you have considerable more experience in these matters than myself, agreed.  I was simply working off personal experience, i.e. the rare times I purchase an imported Canadian blu-ray (Cannibal Girls for example) and pay more, which I assumed (yes I know the expression ass u and me) had something to do with importing or fees or godknows what.  And simply the tiny bit of difference between currency rates doesn't seem to offset these matters.  Also Amazon.ca doesn't appear to be running a sale.

Though I know for sure it's not 'way more expensive' to ship to west coast USA compared to east coast USA because it's a national rate based on weight and has nothing to do whatsoever with travel distance (is it like that in Canada?  bizarre).  So, you know, don't talk to me about USA shipping, and no offense but go to your USA shipping class again, sassy.
"If I had to hold up the most heavily fortified bank in America," Bolaño says, "I'd take a gang of poets. The attempt would probably end in disaster, but it would be beautiful."

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Pas

Hahaha ok got me on the shipping thing I guess: canada is mileage+weight

as for currency: when the canadian buck was worth 0,70usd it was the same difference in price between borders. So basically americans now make 30ish% more selling to canada than before

we're even I guess, forgive the rudeness, getting raped makes me irritable.