Montral Kombat and other games movies

Started by underdog, May 21, 2003, 10:48:54 PM

underdog

being a really  B-movie, i find that Montral Kombat one was a good movie. this because of the fighting and how well the try to make the movie like the game. unlike street fighter the movie,(witch SUCKS, ) i was really sad about it. i thought the movie was going to be around Ryu. but it was not. and the Mario brother moive. it was funny. anyway, is there any other games movie (not cartoon) im i missing?
"This is my week off, so pack up,
take the kids, and I'll see you in a week"

MacGuffin

Quote from: underdoganyway, is there any other games movie (not cartoon) im i missing?

Tomb Raider
Resident Evil
Final Fantasy (animated, but not like a Pokemon cartoon)
Wing Commander
Street Fighter
Double Dragon

Crazy Taxi and House Of The Dead are in production
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

underdog

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: underdoganyway, is there any other games movie (not cartoon) im i missing?

Tomb Raider
Resident Evil
Final Fantasy (animated, but not like a Pokemon cartoon)
Street Fighter

Crazy Taxi and House Of The Dead are in production
i said street fighter
"This is my week off, so pack up,
take the kids, and I'll see you in a week"

Duck Sauce

Quote from: underdogbeing a really  B-movie, i find that Montral Kombat one was a good movie. this because of the fighting and how well the try to make the movie like the game. unlike street fighter the movie,(witch SUCKS, ) i was really sad about it. i thought the movie was going to be around Ryu. but it was not. and the Mario brother moive. it was funny. anyway, is there any other games movie (not cartoon) im i missing?

Super Mario had so much potential to be an interesting kids movie in a bizarre world. They totally fucked it up and tried to go a different direction.

oakmanc234

Duck Sauce wrote: Super Mario had so much potential to be an interesting kids movie in a bizarre world. They totally fucked it up and tried to go a different direction.

Agreed.

As for 'Mortal Kombat', it gets my vote for 'Best Video Game' movie. It genuinely kicked ass at times. A real beefy, grunty, bass-heavy action flick. 'Final Fantasy' had pretty much jack-shit to do with the game. It looked nice at times but just draaaaaaged. 'Resident Evil' seemed to end just when it was getting really good (thank god they're following up that cruel, cruel ending).
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

penfold0101

I hope and pray that this is un true. I don't think the world is ready for another Street fighter film!

and if this is true, an Onimusha film is being made.
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

USTopGun47

A Grand Theft Auto film truly has potential.  If they could get the actors who do the voices in the game (Ray Liotta, Tom Sizemore, Dennis Hopper, Burt Reynolds, Luis Guzman) and a fun Scorsese like story with some wild action it could be great.  I always get this feeling and I'm wondering if it's just me.  I'll be watching an action film and I feel like they're actually shooting the shots specifically for a video game deal.  For instance, in Star Wars Episode II, Anakin is in the production line dodging machinary.  Action films seem to set up perfect game like scenarios.  Coincidence?
I'm somebody now, Harry. Everybody likes me. Soon, millions of people will see me and they'll all like me. I'll tell them about you, and your father, how good he was to us. Remember? It's a reason to get up in the morning. It's a reason to lose weight, to fit in the red dress. It's a reason to smile. It makes tomorrow all right. What have I got Harry, hm? Why should I even make the bed, or wash the dishes? I do them, but why should I? I'm alone. Your father's gone, you're gone. I got no one to care for. What have I got, Harry? I'm lonely. I'm old.

MacGuffin

"Kombat" Still Up For Fighting
Source: Dark Horizons

Despite reports last week it seems to have died, other gossip has surfaced that the third "Mortal Kombat" film still has something of a pulse: Threshold Entertainment was asked if it was off, their response: "No, most certainly not. It's happening, just not at New Line. We have Christopher Lambert, Lynn Red Williams, and Linden Ashby amongst others starring".

Meanwhile MK Revolution says "We are getting tons of reports everywhere that MK3 is moving forward. The original Thunder God himself, Christopher Lambert is set to reprise his role as Rayden, and Threshold is finally making initial preparations for the film. Linden Ashby already confirmed he's interest in reprising his role, so he's definitely coming back. Stacey Dash stated a year ago that she will be playing Tanya; Whether this is still valid or not remains to be seen.

As for the film's title, the working title is Mortal Kombat 3, but that will definitely change by the time of release. Titles we are hearing include: MK - Devastation, MK - Deadly Alliance, MK - Deception (which will also rumored to be MK6). Threshold has yet to decide on the official title".
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

yeah, remember "street figher: the movie: the game" where it's like mortal kombat but with van damme?  worst idea ever.
tekken was made into a movie in hong kong, it was terrible.  why do video games make such terrible movies?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pwaybloe

My controller never works on these damn video game movies.  I want VanDamme to start kicking some ass, not talking jibber-jabber.

Can I get some help here?

cine

They need 3 movies based on video games:

Battletoads

Clayfighter

and Paperboy

indiana

lol! paperboy the movie would be funny.
peace
SONIC BOOM!

pete

you don't need freud to tell you that paperboy likes weiners.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

indiana

Quote from: peteyou don't need freud to tell you that paperboy likes weiners.

......what the hell are you talking about? are you on crack again?

peace
SONIC BOOM!

MacGuffin

Rock Gears Up For Spy Hunter

Dwayne Johnson, aka the Rock, told SCI FI Wire that his upcoming project, Spy Hunter, will be a serious take on the 1983 Bally Midway game. "It's like what Mission: Impossible was for Tom Cruise," Johnson said in an interview while promoting his latest film, the April 2 release Walking Tall. Johnson will star in Spy Hunter as Alec Sects, an ex-fighter pilot who chases bad guys in an elaborately designed vehicle.

Johnson revealed that plans are already in development for the car he will use in Spy Hunter. "I was just up in the room and there was this awesome secretive meeting," he said. "We took out all the concepts [of] what it looks like. It's this awesome car GM is making. [It] breaks off into a boat, into a three-wheeler and into a motorcycle. It's really incredible."

Spy Hunter is being written by Michael Brandt and Derek Haas (2 Fast, 2 Furious), but Johnson said that a director has yet to be chosen. "Probably within 10 days," he said. Johnson also reported that the music, which was borrowed from Henry Mancini's theme for the television series Peter Gunn, would return as well, though in a modified version. "It won't be done over and over," Johnson said, referring to the repetitive loop that played in the game. "It has to be part of the movie, sure, but a contemporary version of that." Spy Hunter is set for a summer 2005 release by Universal Pictures.

Skeleton FilmWorks