I found this place...

Started by Xixax, January 18, 2003, 05:52:50 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Here's the problem, though... let's face it, the only reason that so many people found the first message board is because it was a Paul Thomas Anderson message board. I don't see how promoting through director-specific sites like c & c could not be effective, but how realistic is it that we'll show up on search engines if we're not specific? And how specific would we need to be?

Xixax

Sure. The Xixax awards have already gotten us some press on Greg's board, and we've seen several new users from it.

Likewise, if directors are honored with a nomination or an award, maybe they will post that news as well.

My only problem is that I'm not a member of any of these board. We need something like a little "press release" that we can e-mail to the keepers of these director's web sites.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Duck Sauce

How do you go about getting on IMDB where you click a movie and you see where it has been nominated...?

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Duck SauceHow do you go about getting on IMDB where you click a movie and you see where it has been nominated...?

Sphinx posted some really friggin' complicated thing a while ago, we should look into that...

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSUVWXYZ

I came because of another....

but that's only a best case scenario

SubstanceD

Stubborn as a thousand born agains avoiding questions.

ReelHotGames

Greg at ptanderson's mention in NEWS drove me here
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

Sleuth

I clicked the ad on //www.theuncool.com (A Cameron Crowe site)

This is a really great place, I want to reply to almost every thread I see, but that would get annoying and plus, that's a lot of typing...I feel so overwhelmed
I like to hug dogs

Xixax

Welcome, sloth!

We just started running the ads on TheUncool.com and PTAnderson.com and are already seeing a lot of new faces.

Have fun!
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

MacGuffin

Quote from: tremoloslothThis is a really great place, I want to reply to almost every thread I see, but that would get annoying

That hasn't stopped some.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

oakmanc234

I found out by Greg's site (in news).
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

moonshiner

i came to this site because i can't find enough people to have good film conversation with....i now feel like my taste in movies is not unique, and boring...i'm going to find a more shallow, "mainstream" message board. :?

second official use of a smily

edit: aspiring writer struggles with punctuation, pathetic
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Duck Sauce

Quote from: moonshineri came to this site because i can't find enough people to have good film conversation with....i now feel like my taste in movies is not unique and boring...i'm going to find a more shallow, "mainstream" message board. :?

second official use of a smily

Before I got on the PTA board I thought I was pretty well versed in movies, especially more obscure ones. But really, I was only seeing the Requiem For A Dreams, and Magnolias... ect. Boards are great

Xixax

Don't go away upset, Moonshiner!

Bonanzataz has TERRIBLE taste in films and we all know it, but we love him anyway!

:P

(Xixax noogies Taz)
[/size]

bonanzataz

Xixax, I don't think you understand my obsession with bad films. Key word, my man. CAMP!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls