The Sopranos

Started by SoNowThen, November 19, 2003, 02:34:59 PM

Weak2ndAct

SPOILERS

I've seen the next two as well (don't ask how), and I'm very curious if it will alienate loyal fans.  The dream sequence carries on through the next episode, and there seems to be a whole zen/buddhist slant being brought to the forefront of Tony's journey (his neighbors are key) that I really dig.  Yeah, the plot may be hospital-focused for now, but with the big man MIA, some shit's gonna go down that's gonna affect the entire course.  I personally loved the new batch, but I can so see the extended dream/hallucination/whatever frustrating the casual viewer.

©brad

Quote from: Weak2ndAct on March 19, 2006, 09:53:27 PM
SPOILERS

I've seen the next two as well (don't ask how)...

um, how?!?!?!?

Fernando

SPOILERS

Quote from: ©brad on March 19, 2006, 09:15:18 PM
this one was BETTER(!) and arguably the best of the dream episodes.

edi falco carried the entire thing. she's incredible.

notice tony's voice during the dream scenes.

Besides Tony's voice the first thing I noticed was his hair and the way he moves, Gandolfini is really giving an amazing performance here, who would have thought that you could see him on this show as an average joe?

Ditto on Falco, she is so amazing.

I like the direction the show is taking, after last week I wondered how would they play Tony's thing and it seems it'll be played the right way, meaning that Tony won't fully recover in five minutes, the best is yet to come I hope.

Reinhold

i don't have hbo at home anymore and i don't have a tv here, but i managed to see one from two weeks ago... the one after he gets shot.

it's like they're crossing it with six feet under.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

bonanzataz

SPOILERS?

thank god he's out of that coma. that kevin finnerty bullshit was killing me.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

©brad

Quote from: bonanzataz on March 29, 2006, 01:20:14 AM
SPOILERS?

thank god he's out of that coma. that kevin finnerty bullshit was killing me.

i loved the finnerty thing. i wish they did more of it.

i was first amazed at how apathetic the crew was w/ tony's condition, but i guess it just further substantiates the notion that these guys care about nothing but themselves.

funniest line:

phil: i don't forget. i NEVER forget.
sil: i don't forget either.
(pause)
sil: what were we talking about?
phil: i don't know, fuck i forgot.

also- christopher's slasher film will be fantastic. 

Fernando

OBVIOUS SPOILERS

Quote from: ©brad on March 29, 2006, 08:30:42 AM

i was first amazed at how apathetic the crew was w/ tony's condition, but i guess it just further substantiates the notion that these guys care about nothing but themselves.

also- christopher's slasher film will be fantastic. 

Besides that the first thing I thought was that he's surrounded by idiots who can't see beyond their nose and just can't act according to the situation, and yes also they care more about themselves than anything else but in that bussines who wouldn't? Although when someone told them that Tony just woke up the only one not celebrating was Vito.

killafilm

So 6.4 was in my opinion the best of the season so far.  Who would have thought that you could turn to the Sopranos for Bergman esque morale dilemma? Past seasons have clearly dealt with the human condition, mainly the conflicts one would face with a life in la cocka nostra.  But with the whole Buddhist thing with the previous episodes and now the born again Christian slant working it's way in... I, I like it alot. :yabbse-thumbup:

©brad

Quote from: killafilm on April 03, 2006, 12:44:45 AM
So 6.4 was in my opinion the best of the season so far.  Who would have thought that you could turn to the Sopranos for Bergman esque morale dilemma? Past seasons have clearly dealt with the human condition, mainly the conflicts one would face with a life in la cocka nostra.  But with the whole Buddhist thing with the previous episodes and now the born again Christian slant working it's way in... I, I like it alot. :yabbse-thumbup:

as do i.

pure lynchian moment when pauly throws the flat screen tv out the window and we see that old woman just roll by on her wheelchair.

:laughing:

cine

really liked tonight's episode.

spoliers::::

tony kicking his bodyguard's ass just to prove that he could. loved it.
uncle june staying with the wackos. good, but i'm still waiting for AJ to put a bullet in his head..
vito getting caught and snuffing it. about time.

lookin forward to next weeks "Live Free or Die"  :yabbse-thumbup:

©brad

Quote from: Cinephile on April 10, 2006, 01:04:57 AM
really liked tonight's episode.

spoliers::::

tony kicking his bodyguard's ass just to prove that he could. loved it.
uncle june staying with the wackos. good, but i'm still waiting for AJ to put a bullet in his head..
vito getting caught and snuffing it. about time.

lookin forward to next weeks "Live Free or Die"  :yabbse-thumbup:

'twas great. this season is SO great.

spoileys

- i'm loving the affection carmela is showing tony.
- tony kicking his bodyguard's ass--  do you think this was staged? there are a couple of hints in the episode that suggest so (the moment in the car when tony stresses the need to get back in the gym and the bodyguard offers to help him). and according to my lady friends who watched it w/ me, he's "too fucking hot" to let go in one episode.
- uncle june starring at the tic-tacs was probably the funniest moment of the last two seasons.
- vino getting caught-- the weakest moment of the episode. so predictable.
- throw-up scene- great. and that wicked smile...

cine

Quote from: ©brad on April 10, 2006, 11:01:37 PM
spoileys

- tony kicking his bodyguard's ass--  do you think this was staged? there are a couple of hints in the episode that suggest so (the moment in the car when tony stresses the need to get back in the gym and the bodyguard offers to help him). and according to my lady friends who watched it w/ me, he's "too fucking hot" to let go in one episode.

i dont think it was staged. i think it was an independence thing on tony's part. he wants to do things himself and i think he found it pathetic to have a buff bodyguard like him whip him into shape. you could see at the end of the episode, studying the physiques in the room.. contemplating what he should do with himself. and it was as if he had a realization that he can be himself cause thats tougher than the fat asses and then he proved pretty quickly that it was tougher than the chisled bodyguards too. and that evil grin in the mirror at the end.. he realized hes indestructible.  :shock:

killafilm

Indeed good.  But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't let down after last weeks episode.  Plus Buscemi directed, and some of his directing efforts have been my favorite episodes, ie Pine Barrens.

"Any chance of a sympathy fuck"  was my favorite part.

bonanzataz

SPOILERS (kinda...)

i love this fucking show.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

cine

i think its assumed everything is spoilers in here ..

so vito is still alive.. hope hes dead soon since hes been such an asshole.

funniest line from this past show.. tony sincerely describing vito as a 'come-from-behind kinda guy'.