What did you think of Matrix Reloaded?

Started by Ghostboy, May 12, 2003, 02:23:29 PM

Sleuth

Does everyone else suddenly care a lot less about the Superman movie?  We don't need it, Neo is Superman.
I like to hug dogs

sphinx

"What would happen if you melted? You know, you never really hear this talked about much, but spontaneous combustion? It exists!...[people] burn from within...sometimes they'll be in a wooden chair and the chair won't burn, but there'll be nothing left of the person. Except sometimes his teeth. Or the heart. No one speaks about this, but its for real."

- keanu reeves

as funny as that is, thanks to imdb sphinx learned that he's being going through a really rough time in the past while.  during christmas of 1999, the baby he was expecting to have with his girlfriend was stillborn, and then two years later, his girlfriend was killed in a car crash; she was thrown right through the windshield.

:yabbse-undecided:

picolas

...not to mention the whole spine fusing-saga...does anyone know how that ended? in Revisited he talked about his spine not fusing at some point in the production and it had to because he was going to become paralized if it didn't, but they never mentioned it again. i'm guessing it turned out fine...

bonanzataz

This movie was fucking awesome. I don't care about the naysayers. I'm just pissed off i didn't know there was a trailer at the end. how did everybody else know about this? IT'S JUST NOT FAIR!

Also, maybe it was just the seat i was sitting in, but i really thought the cgi looked beautiful. I don't remember being able to tell what was real or what was fake (most of the time). The bullet time masked the computery effect.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Quote from: bonanzatazI'm just pissed off i didn't know there was a trailer at the end. how did everybody else know about this? IT'S JUST NOT FAIR!

Ninth post down:
http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=26273#26273
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

brockly

Saw it last night. It was pretty cool, but nothing spectacular. It was much better then the first one (which really sucked).

* spoilers * I liked the part where the french dude programed that cake to make that chick have an orgasm. funny shit  :-D Thought the ending was a little dissapointing. It's like they forgot that it was a movie, rather a tv series that would be concluded the following week. I don't care if the prt3 is coming out later this year, a film should always have an ending, like LOTR.

Sleuth

Okay, I saw it again.  I don't know if it has been mentioned before in this thread but...
SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
What if Neo didn't stop the sentinels?  It could have been the other ship (the Hammer?) and Neo was just reaching out his hand to "feel" his connection to the sentinels or I don't know nevermind
-
-
-
-
-
END
I like to hug dogs

Recce

Don't think so, cauyse everyone was like, what the hell was that. What happened. If it was the ship, they would know it. Plus, he wouldn't be in a coma. The EMP shockwavre thing only affects mechanical things, doesnt it?
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

abbey road

i'm sorry, but the matrix reloaded was embarasingly stupid, the only people who liked it were my friends who only can sit through movies with minimal diolage and alot of pointless action. i wanted to pwek my head off- ugh.

-chad
"we'll meet again in a life when we are both cats"
"you are what you love, not what loves you"
"I don't think your an asshole Royal, I just think you're kind of a son of a bitch"
"royal with cheese"
"i'm sure you have no idea what i'm talking about...but don't worry...you will someday"

Pedro

Quote from: abbey roadonly people who liked it were my friends who only can sit through movies with minimal diolage

-chad

I did ask myself a few times during the movie. "When was the last time someone spoke?"  Reeves barely had to act.  Oh well.  Still...I enjoyed it.

abbey road

hey whats ur quote from?.. "...i eat babies", thats hilarious.

-chad
"we'll meet again in a life when we are both cats"
"you are what you love, not what loves you"
"I don't think your an asshole Royal, I just think you're kind of a son of a bitch"
"royal with cheese"
"i'm sure you have no idea what i'm talking about...but don't worry...you will someday"

Pedro

Quote from: abbey roadhey whats ur quote from?.. "...i eat babies", thats hilarious.

-chad

I had an algebra teacher.  He hated calculators with a passion, and so did the class (me included  :-D )  But anyway...He went to this math conference and he had to sit next to this one guy.  The guy was a calculator NUT! He had briefcases full of them and said things to the teacher (His name was Mr. Graf) like "The student is now just a tool of the calculator" and such.  Well when Mr. Graf got fed up with this he said...

"That's very interesting..."  Then he made his eyes reaaall wide (think psychotic charles manson) and finished the sentece with "...I eat babies!"

And that's the story

Pubrick

Quote from: Pedro the WombatI had an algebra teacher.  He hated calculators with a passion, and so did the class (me included  :-D )  But anyway...He went to this math conference and he had to sit next to this one guy.  The guy was a calculator NUT! He had briefcases full of them and said things to the teacher (His name was Mr. Graf) like "The student is now just a tool of the calculator" and such.  Well when Mr. Graf got fed up with this he said...

"That's very interesting..."  Then he made his eyes reaaall wide (think psychotic charles manson) and finished the sentece with "...I eat babies!"

And that's the story
hahaha, i love it.
under the paving stones.

sphinx

just saw the film---i found this to be fantastic and highly enjoyable.  many secrets and questions i am discussing with P right now

i am completely immersed in the matrix at this point and do not view it as a film

bonanzataz

Quote from: sphinxi am completely immersed in the matrix at this point and do not view it as a film

same here...

and mac, i purposely avoided that thread to stay faaaaar away from spoilers. knowing nothing about the film made it that much more amazing.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls