The Future of Xixax Members

Started by cine, December 07, 2003, 11:53:33 PM

TheVoiceOfNick

In 5 years I expect to have a PhD in film (or at least being close to getting it... defending my thesis), and to be writing/directing feature films.  I'd love to be a university professor at UCLA or USC, but also write and/or direct features.

In 10 years I expect to be working in a tenure track position at one of the above mentioned universities, and still writing/directing films.  I'll begin my series of filmmaking and film criticism books.

In 15 years I expect to have tenure at one of the above mentioned  universities, and probably not still making films.  Still writing books about screenwriting, general filmmaking, acting, and general film criticism.

Stranger things have happened.

SHAFTR

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickIn 5 years I expect to have a PhD in film (or at least being close to getting it... defending my thesis), and to be writing/directing feature films.  I'd love to be a university professor at UCLA or USC, but also write and/or direct features.

In 10 years I expect to be working in a tenure track position at one of the above mentioned universities, and still writing/directing films.  I'll begin my series of filmmaking and film criticism books.

In 15 years I expect to have tenure at one of the above mentioned  universities, and probably not still making films.  Still writing books about screenwriting, general filmmaking, acting, and general film criticism.

Stranger things have happened.

If things go right, perhaps we'll meet at a conference someday.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Raikus

Here's something that could jump start someone's five year plan.

Roger Avary is looking for an assistant: http://www.avary.com/HOMESTUFF/assistant.html

Pretty funny read to boot.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

NEON MERCURY

the future of xixax members  will be documented in the sequel to this:

XIXUMMO

bonanzataz

in five years i'll have (most likely) gone through college. weird, considering i'm just getting my applications in. i'll also probably still be an admin at xixax and people still won't realize it.

in ten years, i'll take my film degree and get a job at a video shop.

in fifteen years, i'll disappear suddenly and nobody will know where i went. little do they know i'm seeking enlightenment.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

jtm

Quote from: RaikusHere's something that could jump start someone's five year plan.

Roger Avary is looking for an assistant: http://www.avary.com/HOMESTUFF/assistant.html

Pretty funny read to boot.

i just applied.  cross ur fingers for me!

Gold Trumpet

I don't know where I'm going to end up in five years. Hopefully, things will work out like this: Next fall, I get accepted into a large college with a great film department and devote the next some odd years to becoming a film professor or critic. I don't care which it is, but I'd prefer critic.

Thing is, my grades now are decent at best. I've never taken a film class before in my life so I have to rest on my just decent grades. I don't think I'm going to get in. Actually, I have my first film class this winter semester. Its just an introduction class to film.

If I don't get in, I'm likely heading to Green Bay and interning in a video production company and seeing what comes of that. The guy who runs the company is my cousin and he really wants me to get involved so I may do it. I wouldn't enjoy it as much as the first option.

Concerning my career, I'm not too hopeful about my prospects. Guess I shouldn't have blown off grade school, junior high school, high school and community college. But whatever, I don't see much in being anything great career wise to measure the value of life.

MacGuffin

I'll probably still be here, updating future members with news about your projects.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pedro

Quote from: MacGuffinI'll probably still be here, updating future members with news about your projects.
awww!  how cute!

bonanzataz

years from now, if anybody here makes it big (which, in a perfect world, we all will), slip xixax references in your movies. spraypaint "xixax" on a wall in the background or have a character named mike wilson or something. we'll be known as the "xixax alumni" and there will be spreads about us in entertainment weekly and shit. that'll rock.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

RegularKarate

Quote from: taz.years from now, if anybody here makes it big (which, in a perfect world, we all will), slip xixax references in your movies. spraypaint "xixax" on a wall in the background or have a character named mike wilson or something. we'll be known as the "xixax alumni" and there will be spreads about us in entertainment weekly and shit. that'll rock.

Word... then people will start lying and saying that they were on XIXAX too and we'll all be like "You were?  Who were you?" and they'll be all "Yeah I was Beefsack" or "Q"

Sleuth

Beefsack and Q, funniest post in a long time
I like to hug dogs

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: taz.or have a character named mike wilson or something.

Definitely. He would be the mailman.

Xixax

Xixax references have already been promised by a couple of filmmakers here.

I'm such a wannabe celebrity.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Ghostboy

Heck, Xixax.com already has a special thanks credit secured in the credits of the film I'm working on now (and anyone who wants an exec. producer credit can feel free to e-mail me 8) ).