Six Feet Under is SIX FEET UNDER and infested with spoilers!

Started by Sigur Rós, April 27, 2003, 01:16:38 PM

bonanzataz

i'm sorry, cinephile, mogwai, and kurt russell, but i refuse to budge from my position. yall are entitled to your opinions, but i think it was in claire's head and i love hook.

and mogwai, what faith could you possibly have been able to lose for me? i WAS practically the only board member that absolutely loved xXx. i like dumb movies if they're made well and if you disagree with me we can take this to the spielberg forum... you wanna mess?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Redlum

Ive just watched the last episode and I have to say that this show is/was probably the greatest televisual achievement in a series, ever.  This wasn't like the closure of the last episode of The Fresh Prince of Bell-Air - this was actually brilliant.

Spoilers

I liked the tonal ambiguity of the end. I mean beside Ruth and Claire every other characters death scene was a comedy set piece. Look at Keiths uniform, Billy hypothesising boring Brenda to death, David getting a heart attack from a hard-on etc. Anyway its exactly the kind of tongue in cheek end to an amazing show that is as good as it is because of its ability to have you freaked out/in tears/laughing all in the space of a few minutes.

RIP Six Feet Under.

edit: Just thought I'd share this, Nates music video:
http://www.gdeaney.co.uk/picture_library/nateliving.jpg
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

GodDamnImDaMan

Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

MacGuffin

'Southern' deal reunites Ball and HBO
Source: Hollywood Reporter

HBO has dug up a new deal with "Six Feet Under" creator Alan Ball, but this time he's switching from the dead to the undead.

The first project covered under the two-year deal Ball signed with the premium cabler to develop new original programming will be based on the "Southern Vampire" book series.

HBO has ordered an hourlong pilot to be written and directed by Ball, who last created "Six Feet," the Emmy-winning HBO drama series about a family mortuary business that ended in August.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

HBO president of entertainment Carolyn Strauss was the executive who approached Ball with the kernel of the idea that became "Six Feet." But resurrecting Ball, who also won an Oscar for writing "American Beauty," for a new project was an unexpected development for her.

"I had always assumed that Alan was done with TV," Strauss said. "I thought he was going to do movies, so we didn't even try. Then he read this book and said, 'I want to do this.' It was really a beautiful surprise."

Ball has been busy since closing up shop on "Six Feet," penning several screenplays on spec and developing a theatrical production in New York, "All That I Will Ever Be." But he found "Southern," written by Charlaine Harris, too enticing to ignore.

"I was ready to do something a little lighter in tone than 'Six Feet,' " Ball said. "Five years of staring into the abyss was enough."

"Southern" chronicles the intermingling world of humans and monsters in contemporary rural Louisiana, particularly vampires, thanks to a synthetic blood formula that allows them to roam far from their coffins.

"The books are funny, scary, sexy, romantic, bizarre and really fun," Ball said. "I couldn't put them down. I will try to remain as true to the spirit of her book as possible."

Bringing Ball back into the fold represents a coup for HBO, which has proved adept at getting the creators of its hit series to come back for another try; "Deadwood" executive producer David Milch recently signed a new deal, and "Sex and the City" executive producer Michael Patrick King already has completed a second series for HBO, "The Comeback."

There is no set timetable for shooting the "Southern" pilot, but Ball believes it will happen sometime next year.

"Alan is a real master television writer," Strauss said. "I have a lot of confidence in his ability to create an HBO series that brings a lot of viewers to the screen."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

HBO has set Six Feet Under: The Complete Fifth Season for release on 3/28 (SRP $99.98). Video on the set will be anamorphic widescreen with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. Extras will include audio commentaries, episodic previews and recaps, behind-the-scenes featurettes and more.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

i'm way too late to comment of this brilliant show. but i think this is the best tv show ever. i'm not saying that too look cool or something. i really think alan ball created something wonderful, vital, sad, funny, tragic etc etc... i bought all the seasons two months ago and i finished watched last seasons two week or so. i bawled my eyes out through the last three episodes of season five. the characters feels close to me and it feels like i've known them for many years. there's obviously flaws here and there as the two first seasons are masterpieces. my 20 cents.

Redlum

Man, I can't beleive I made that Nate montage in 2005. I'm looking forward to re-running the whole show again soon because I still think its the peak of televisual acheivement in a drama series. Whenever I hear a sentence contruscted with excessive usage of the F-Bomb I still think of Nate Fisher. I also can't hear Todd Rundgren's "I Saw the light" without thinking of Lisa.

Mogwai, what were some of your favourite episodes? Two that stand out in my memory were the episode where Nate discovers his Dad's rented room and the episode where Claire goes walking through the cemetery with her Dad and there's a big carnival on.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

nix

I bought the series for my girlfriend a few months ago and rewatched season two forward. I think it's the third time I've seen season two. Absolute perfection. Lots of people talk about how they can't sit down to write  a screenplay without riffing on Tarantino or PT but for me it's always Alan Ball (or, more accurately, the entire six feet writing staff).
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

SiliasRuby

I love this show. Its the best show on Death ever. It makes me emotional, no matter how many times I see one episode. I fell in love with the characters and I wanted to hang out and have orgies with claire's college friends. Especially the one thats on '24' right now. I feel like I really knew them. I know what you mean Nix. My writing, friends have told me, has been reminiscent of Alan ball, David Mamet and David Lynch. And that heartfelt ending to the series was one of the few pinnacles of TV of the past ten years.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

mogwai

Quote from: Redlum on March 11, 2009, 12:38:54 PMMogwai, what were some of your favourite episodes? Two that stand out in my memory were the episode where Nate discovers his Dad's rented room and the episode where Claire goes walking through the cemetery with her Dad and there's a big carnival on.

as i mentioned earlier, the last three episodes of season five. there's also the last episode of second two and the first episode of season three that struck a chord. there's also the epsiode where nate finds out where his first wife (who "drowned") had an affair with her own brother or something.

and for the record, michael c hall is a genius actor.

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Jefferson

just finished season five. holy shit. the last few episodes were mind blowing.