Get Out

Started by Jeremy Blackman, March 25, 2017, 11:31:28 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Jordan Peele's movie. See it. Just see it. End of thread.

Do NOT watch the full trailer under any circumstances. It is the most severely spoiling trailer I think I have ever seen. Not even exaggerating. Includes clips from every important scene all the way up to the end and summarizes the entire plot.

I did find one non-spoilery clip:

Anyway. This will end up being one of the best of the year. It's breathtaking how one movie can do so much. Amazing. I will get into spoils if others want to chat. It's explosively satirical, tons of fun, scary, full-out Lynchian at times. I absolutely love this movie.

Jeremy Blackman

Some great music from the movie. Skip the second one if you want the freshest experience.

Jeremy Blackman

Some insightful user reviews from Rotten Tomatoes:

"Total anti-white racist leftist Hollywood propaganda. Boring as hell and wooden acting...not a horror film, but a horrible film because it sucks so badly and this piece of shit was a total waste of my valuable time."

"This is a disgusting white hating movie. White critics are afraid to speak out. The 99% rating is a fraud."

"I did not find one thing funny about this 'comedy'. Twisted and deeply disturbing, Get Out is not for people who do not like horror movies. While parts of it are clever, I did not find it enjoyable and would have preferred not to see it."

"This movie belongs on TV, not in theaters."

"LOL! No way I spending 15 dollars on a home-made cheap movie."

"I'm against movies that promote racism so I'll be skipping this one."

Reel

Orgin

Funnest movie I seen this year.
:D

i was hesitating to make this thread. this was filmed where i live and i've known the majority of the film crew for years. i've smoked weed at some of the locations seen. this is hands down one of the greatest of all time.

Jeremy Blackman

Budget: $4.5 mil + advertising

Current worldwide gross: $204 mil

jenkins

it's a domestic hit btw

Domestic:    $173,845,510      85.1%

Lottery

Really good stuff. Happy I went in blind, I had no idea what to expect tonally.

I watched it with my brother. We really enjoyed it but we didn't have the same strong positive reaction as others. He asked me after the film (paraphrasing), 'hey, your internet movie buddies who recommended this- are they white?'. Made me laugh.

Really excited to see what Peele puts out next. I will be truly amazed if the studios try to get him to direct Akira.

Fernando

This was pretty great, and an example of what can you do with a budget of 4.5 mill.

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on March 25, 2017, 11:31:28 PM
Do NOT watch the full trailer under any circumstances. It is the most severely spoiling trailer I think I have ever seen. Not even exaggerating. Includes clips from every important scene all the way up to the end and summarizes the entire plot.

Thanks for the heads up,  :shock: you weren't kidding, I saw it as soon as I finished the movie and it is one if not the most spoilery trailer I have ever seen, if I was Jordan Peele I would have been furious. Although in the end the movie did spectacular.

Jeremy Blackman

SPOILERS

I have to say, this only had a fraction of the impact on rewatch. There were new things to discover, but it was just a completely different experience with far less tension.

To be fair, though, I think a movie like this should be judged based on the first watch. It's literally impossible to recreate that experience once you've been through it.

New things:

- So many clues! So, so many.
- Rose is suddenly very annoying, because her wokeness is so clearly a put-on. Most fascinating difference, actually.
- Grandma & grandpa's dialogue is super funny and makes total sense, of course.
- The craftsmanship here, particularly writing and acting, is on another level. So many lines and moments are just perfect.

Jeremy Blackman