Remake Remake Fucking Remake

Started by modage, March 05, 2005, 10:02:37 AM

modage

yeah, i read elsewhere that they're going to be new stories that dont seem connected but then end up being somewhat connected and not the stories from the previous Creepshow film.  BUT not wanting the 'negative connotation' of a sequel CREEPSHOW III, (like a remake is SOOO much classier) they are just calling it a remake.  WHICH is a cool idea, (no word on if Romero or King are involved but it's doubtful) though it's not often that anthologies work well as films.  i'm actually about to see the original Creepshow this week which i havent seen in years.

also: i'm kinda glad about the Creature remake though cause it could be great though i dont know anything about ol' Breck Eisner.  Peter Jackson shoulda done that instead of Kong.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

From what I'm gathering, there will be both.

Creepshow III seems to be a done deal and there will also be a "remake" that's being called "a remake in name only"... so this will be a fourth Creepshow movie.

MacGuffin

Ayer wrangles Warners redo of 'Wild Bunch'
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Writer-producer David Ayer is in final negotiations to direct an update of "The Wild Bunch" for Warner Bros. Pictures based on his own script. Jerry Weintraub is producing for his Warner Bros.-based shingle Jerry Weintraub Prods. Weintraub Prods.' Susan Ekins and Mark Vahradian are executive producing. Jessica Goodman is overseeing production. "Wild Bunch," originally directed by Sam Peckinpah in 1969, followed an aging group of outlaws looking for a last score in the fading American West. Ayer's update is described as a thriller involving heists, drug cartels and the CIA, set in contemporary Mexico.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

That's truly a remake that has no reason to be made.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetThat's truly a remake that has no reason to be made.

Especially since Heat is a Wild Bunch update of sorts, if not in a literal sense, then definitely a thematic one.  This would be a retread of two great films instead of just one.  

$50 and my left nut says Clooney gets cast as William Holden's role.

ono

Quote from: hacksparrow$50 and my left nut says Clooney gets cast as William Holden's role.

mogwai

i okay the wild bunch remake. because that means that a definitive dvd of the original will be released.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: mogwai on November 05, 2005, 02:36:33 AM
i okay the wild bunch remake. because that means that a definitive dvd of the original will be released.

New dvd already tapped for january 10th. Two disc-er. Part of a Peckingpah box set too.

MacGuffin

Christ, another classic ghetto-ized  :yabbse-angry::

Church Building Dream House
Sandman in the suburbs.

Thomas Haden Church, who will next be seen on the big screen as Sandman in Spider-Man 3, will co-star with Ice Cube in a remake of the 1948 Cary Grant comedy Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House, reports Variety.

The film, written by Hank Nelkin, is an update of the original which starred Grant and Myrna Loy as a couple who bail out of city life and sell their Manhattan apartment in order to build a big house in the suburbs. The fixer-upper they buy ends up being a nightmare.

The project, which will be directed by Steve Carr, is slated to start filming this May in upstate New York.

Cube plays Grant's role and Haden Church will play Chuck, a contractor who takes on the challenge of renovating the house.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Dimension Films Feeds Piranha
Source: Variety January 12, 2006

The Weinstein Company's Dimension Films has reeled in domestic distribution rights to Piranha, the remake of the 1978 genre hit that Chuck Russell will direct in spring, reports Variety. Dimension will distribute in all English-speaking territories.

The film is set at Arizona's Lake Havasu, a vacation hotspot that turns into an all-you-can-eat buffet when a phalanx of fish swim through a crack in a crater formed by a prehistoric eruption at the bottom of the lake.

Russell wrote the script, using elements of drafts by Josh Stolberg and Peter Goldfinger, as well as the original John Sayles script that Joe Dante directed the first time around. That came from a story by Richard Robertson.

Canton and Toberoff will produce while Steve Barnett, J. Todd Harris, Vincent Maraval and Chako VanLeeuwen will executive produce.

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Robbins Considers 1984
Actor finds the story's relevance to today "stunning."

Renowned actor Tim Robbins is considering another adaptation of George Orwell's classic novel 1984, reports Empire Online. No studio is officially attached to the project yet, but it's something Robbins things he'd like to do.

"I've got a screenplay of it, and now I'm starting the process of trying to put it together."

Robbins is in fact already involved at some level. He's preparing to direct a stage play based on the book in Los Angeles from February 11th until April. The actor-director, who is also vocal on certain political issues, feels that the story is as relevant now as ever.

"When we think about the authoritarian world that Orwell painted, the catchphrases are one thing, but when you read the book again, the specifics and relevance for now are stunning."

Nothing's firm, however, unless Robbins can get backing for a new 1984 film. "We'll see if there's an appetite for it. Orwell may have been 20 years off, but I know that I find it incredibly relevant."

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

Oh great, another movie to unite conservatives against the liberal cartoon that is Tim Robbins.
WWPTAD?

pete

dude, you've got the weirdest disease ever: everytime your knee jerks, shit just comes outta yo mouth!
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Gamblour.

Obviously I'm not 100% serious, but still. Robbins is so notoriously liberal, this story is almost like a joke. It's like if Bill O Reilly wanted to adapt Brave New World to show how drugs and sex are now mandated by a liberal society gone awry, but I'm sure he would insert some sort of slippery slope scenario where the sex is entirely homosexual and beastial sex.
WWPTAD?

pete

sorry, I just woke up.  It was late at night and I accidentally mistook you for neon.  I'm serious.  I totally did.  And I was all like, neon's a good sport and he can take one for the huge greasy neocon grease machine.
sorry man.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton