Spoon: Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga ~ THE BEST ALBUM OF 2007 (So Far)!

Started by modage, February 01, 2005, 10:32:15 PM

Stefen

This is like when I used to always hear a fart early and at the halfway part of The Tourist on OK Computer. I went nuts and spent years throwing the song through different audio machines and programs trying to pinpoint that noise and it's cause and effect.

Then I stopped smoking pot.

Then I got my drivers license.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

tpfkabi

there is a seemingly random organ note during Let Down which i don't think i noticed until i read that somewhere.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

I Love a Magician

if you listen close enough it becomes apparent that a dog plays drums on "rhthm & soul"

Quote from: bigideas on May 22, 2007, 10:02:17 PM
Quote from: cronopio on May 22, 2007, 06:51:30 PM
Quote from: bigideas on May 22, 2007, 04:23:46 PM
Quote from: Stefen on May 21, 2007, 10:19:11 PM
YOUR JUST NOT LISTENING TO IT RITE.

i listen critically and even studied recording music and dabble in it, so i know some of the tricks of the trade.

can you give me some tips on how to listen rite?  pretty please with a cherry on top.

i'll take this as the sarcasm it is, but try this:

if you have headphones try to listen to the track and really single out the main vocal.

before i ever messed with recording i never thought about all the types of reverbs, eq, etc, that are used all the time. beforehand i always thought John Lennon had an odd voice and it wasn't until later that i learned he tried to bury his voice a lot so he would put it through different stuff.

for instance with Kill the Moonlight. on the first track - notice the reverb or echo effect on britt's vocals? every time i hear that i think of richard ashcroft/the verve and the urban hymns album because they use a very similar reverb.

you'll know when i'm being sarcastic. thankee
context, context, context.

tpfkabi

tpfkabi

Quote from: bigideas on May 23, 2007, 11:20:35 AM
sooooo.........Spoon live?

howsit?

"how wuudeeeee!"
-Stephanie Tanner

i'll be nice anyway...(even though most have probably downloaded it)

http://www.mergerecords.com/gagagajuke/

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

if you buy vinyl singles, i suggest getting Someone Something. it's got too good b-sides not on KTM.

did any of you get in on the first 200 preorders for Ga x 5?

you get a 7" with two non-album tracks that is signed by Britt. i lucked out and happened to check up on the album on Merge the day it went on preorder. that afternoon i tried to post here but the post wouldn't go through for some reason.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: modage on May 17, 2007, 08:15:53 AM
Quote from: I Love a Magician on May 16, 2007, 10:41:09 PM
Favorites so far are "You Got Yr Cherry Bomb"
YES.  I think I listened to that song 30 times yesterday.

That's been me since yesterday.  I just can't get enough of that song.

tpfkabi

got my preorder today.

13.50 no shipping charge got me:

-the album in nice glossy digipak with bonus disc (i think all the first pressings will have this)
-gagaga button
-Merge sticker
-pretty large gagaga poster
-band signed 7" with Underdog demo and non-album track with super long title

apparently Britt signs his name, "BD."

i haven't heard the record yet, but i did see the Underdog video yesterday and it was great - appears to be one unbroken shot, but i do remember a place early that could have been a Rope-esque edit.

Stefen

How great is The Underdog? I'd like to hear a whole album of nothing but Spoon and Brion collaborations.

Does anyone know if Brion did any other tracks that were on the bonus EP?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

I Love a Magician

for people who've never listened or gotten into spoon, i uploaded some of my favorite Spoon Tunes (TM) for a friend, and here they are for y'all too

http://download.yousendit.com/4C48349213E2C4A5

1. Spoon - The Way We Get By (2:42)
2. Spoon - Sister Jack (3:35)
3. Spoon - All The Pretty Girls Go To The City (3:14)
4. Spoon - The Underdog (3:42)
5. Spoon - Anything You Want (2:16)
6. Spoon - Me and the Bean (3:33)
7. Spoon - Don't You Evah (3:36)
8. Spoon - I Turn My Camera On (3:32)
9. Spoon - Something To Look Forward To (2:19)
10. Spoon - Everything Hits at Once (4:04)
11. Spoon - I Summon You (3:55)
12. Spoon - Black Like Me (3:25)
13. Spoon - Metal Detektor (live) (2:04)
14. Spoon - Sister Jack [Piano Demo] (1:42)
15. Spoon - Advance Cassette (3:00)

Stefen

Cool mix. Take a walk would have fit perfect in between 8 and 9.

tpfkabi

Stefen