Spoon: Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga ~ THE BEST ALBUM OF 2007 (So Far)!

Started by modage, February 01, 2005, 10:32:15 PM

kotte

modage

Quote from: sigur rósThe album is like a strange girl you see in a bar. At first she doesn't look interesting but once you start conversation with her you found out she is interesting and special.
keep listening everyone.  it gets better.  keep me updated with anyones progress!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

The Perineum Falcon

I bought this instead of the new DMB album, which I didn't want and am a little depressed by that.

My Mathematical Mind  :yabbse-thumbup:
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: ranemaka13I bought this instead of the new DMB album, which I didn't want and am a little depressed by that.

Oddly enough, the new DMB was a bit of a let down as well.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

The Perineum Falcon

Spoon'll be in ATL at the Variety on my birthday, June 1st.
Anyone wanna spring for the tickets?  :yabbse-wink: :kiss:
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

The Perineum Falcon

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

w/o horse

I was a huge fan of Girls Can Tell, dissapointed by Kill the Moonlight, and equally dissapointed that I was not able to download Gimme Fiction from the link provided.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Reinhold

Quote from: ranemaka13I bought this instead of the new DMB album, which I didn't want and am a little depressed by that.

the new dmb album is great if you let it grow on you.

i'm very disappointed to see that some of my favorite new songs from the '04 tour didn't make it on there, though
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Reinhold

Quote from: Losing the Horse:I was a huge fan of Girls Can Tell, dissapointed by Kill the Moonlight, and equally dissapointed that I was not able to download Gimme Fiction from the link provided.

disappointed by kill the moonlight?!

i was talking about this today with somebody at school... there's so much going on in spite of how stripped down it really is. it's beautifully produced.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

NEON MERCURY

yo!  mod-age thanks for pimpiong this group. i bought this upon your ercomendation and i fucking love this album....i really like [i summon you]

overall its great shit...

man, you make me so happy that if you were a female over the age of 18 i would by you expensive dinner take you back to my apartment undress you and pour champagne over your tits and lick it off then i woudl go down on you and you wouldn't  even have to return the favor.  then i would cook you breakfast in the morning.....

much props brotha :yabbse-thumbup:

if you know of some  more good shit let a a fellow xixaxer  know   :yabbse-grin:

modage

cool!  i'm glad someone is enjoying it.  i'm seeing them next friday (for the first time) at the 9:30 club so i'm pretty psyched about that.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Raikus

Sign me up with Neon. I've been listening to nothing but this album and 'Songs for Silverman' for more than a week.  :yabbse-thumbup: Thanks for the recommend.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

ono

So yeah, I've listened to this even more over the past month since it came out again.  Spoon is still very good, I'm still very impressed, but it's still no Extraordinary Machine (sorry, mod).  And Extraordinary Machine is still no When The Pawn, but that's another thread.

Best tracks?  I Summon You and They Never Got You.  I Summon You for its chilling lyrics, and They Never Got You for its brilliant instrumental it drifts off into during its final minutes.  Very inspiring, that's all I can say about it.  Makes you feel like you can do anything, makes you feel like you can fly, and if that's the only thing I could ask of music, that would be it.

The album still has some weak tracks I can't quite forgive.  I like them okay, but I almost want to skip them when they come on, which isn't good.  Things like Sister Jack, The Infinite Pet, and The Delicate Place should really stay the hell away (though Delicate Place is the most tolerable of those three).

The Beast and Dragon, Adored and The Two Sides of Monsieur Valentine are such a strong opening that those weak tracks can be forgiven.  I really love the fantasy fiction theme that seems to be running through this album, and the story told in Monsieur Valentine really elevates that.

I Turn My Camera On and My Mathematical Mind are so catchy, but it's a shame there's no ultimate punch to them.  These songs just kind of plateau and never really go anywhere transcendental.  They could be better, even though they're very well done as they are.  Merchants Of Soul is a good ending, but the album probably should've ended with They Never Got You.  Even though it's too good a track to be stuck at the end of the album, it fits because of its powerful instrumental.