What are we reading?

Started by edison, September 21, 2003, 11:20:03 PM

socketlevel

nice, I'll check it then.
the one last hit that spent you...

Reel

I found it yesterday at the library, I didn't realize that it was new. From the cover it looks like it's from the 80's. stoked.

Sleepless

It's been a while since I've read a really good book, but I picked this one up at Border's liquidation sale knowing nothing about it and at just five chapters in, I'm absolutely floored. I'm really, really loving it. It's a real joy to read, and I'm smiling as I read it just out of pure enjoyment of the writing.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

O.

I'm about 200 pages in and I've sort of stopped after I started watching Breaking Bad (addiction for addiction), but I intend to continue soon. It's a brilliant way to tell a fantasy story.
superb

Pubrick

Quote from: O on September 26, 2011, 06:29:41 PM
It's a brilliant way to tell a fantasy story.

what way is that? homoerotically?
under the paving stones.

O.

superb

The Perineum Falcon

lots of other books read, but now this:

anyone else?
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

md

"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Reel

MacGuffin

It's actually quite informative.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Reel

Nah, I just finished reading this:

It was awesome. I don't really know how to sell you on it, but if you've ever had any interest/skepticism about the West Memphis 3 case or Damien Echols, this a must read.

wilder

Reel

Frederico Fellini

Just finished this: 

It’s written by one of the writers of “The Wire”.  I like it so much I’m about to start reading it again. And if dreams do come true, I will adapt this one into a movie one day.... One day... 
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.