Those Who Wish Me Dead (dir. Taylor Sheridan)

Started by jacques100, July 15, 2019, 11:09:17 AM

jacques100

Angelina Jolie is teaming up with Hell or High Water scribe Taylor Sheridan for an original thriller titled Those Who Wish Me Dead.

Jolie would star while Sheridan, who wrote the script, will direct, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Bron Studios, which was involved in recent movies such as The Mule, Assassination Nation and A Simple Favor, is producing. Also producing are Steven Zaillian (Moneyball, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo) and Garrett Basch via their Film Rites banner.

The project adapts a book by Michael Koryta, but sources say the feature will veer away from certain points. The novel told of a teen in a witness protection program hiding out from a pair of killers in a wilderness skills program while a fire engulfs Montana.

Sheridan's script is described as being female-driven (the book's female lead ran a fire lookout tower before being swept into the teen's troubled life) and a by-the-seat-of-your-pants chase movie.

CAA Media Finance arranged the financing.

Sheridan was an actor who segued to writing, making a name for himself by penning acclaimed gritty thrillers such as Sicario and Hell or High Water, for which he garnered an Oscar nomination. He made his directorial debut with Wind River, a thriller starring Jeremy Renner.

Sheridan also created the Kevin Costner drama series Yellowstone. The plan is for him to shoot Those Who Wish Me Dead after wrapping up the second season of the Paramount Network show.

Sheridan was gearing up to shoot a black-ops thriller titled F.A.S.T. that was to have starred Chris Pratt and to have gone into production this summer, but switched gears at the last minute. It is unclear what will happen to F.A.S.T. now.

Jolie, who has not appeared on the big screen since 2015's By the Sea, next stars in Maleficent 2, which Disney is set to release in 2020.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/angelina-jolie-taylor-sheridan-team-thriller-who-wish-me-dead-1180408

Fuzzy Dunlop

jenkins

jacques100 you did a fine job contributing to the community and left behind more to talk about than your avatar okay

Fuzzy Dunlop

It bothers me, I really really hate it. I think it's distasteful.

If he changes it I'll post like 5 more Grapevine articles out of appreciation tomorrow.

jenkins

it's obvious of course but if it's good taste you'd like to champion then you should private message the person

Fuzzy Dunlop

i almost never know what you mean exactly, but it seems like you're equating him using that avatar with me writing a post calling him out for it instead of politely PMing him and putting my arm around his shoulder and saying hey buddy. if so, no, its not the same thing.

i've been here since the C&RV days. i dont know who this new poster is, he could be the second coming of MacGuffin for all i care. i think his av is very uncool and i dont mind saying that i hate it and i don't want to see it every time i want to read an article on here.

jenkins

it's just simply not related to this thread's topic is what i can promise you

Jeremy Blackman

Most adblockers will let you block a specific image. Works for avatars.

Alethia

Quote from: Fuzzy Dunlop on July 16, 2019, 12:51:58 PM
he could be the second coming of MacGuffin for all i care.

Aw MacGuffin. Liked that guy.

Capote

YES. Hell Or High Water, Wind River and Sicario are great movies. I'll watch anything Sheridan is involved in. Soldado sucked balls though. :(
Nah fuck this. I have a choice between shit with the FBI or Getting my fucking IP leaked? you guys are fucked. im not leaking shit. leak my fucking IP, Im done